𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 25

"Explain to me what a wolf was doing in Embermore last night. I thought it was made very clear that anyone who was not part of the Hunt was to remain behind. Or did you just fail to get the memo?!" I stormed into the throne room.
"Your Higness," everyone, except father, bowed.

"Son. What brings you here?" His Majesty inquired as he rose from his seat. "I figured I should be here. Seeing as I was the one who found him in Embermore," I replied as he began to approach me.
"Alright. Then take your seat," he guided me to the throne beside his.

There were 3 seats in the throne room. His Majesty, King Zephyr III Hasapis Thanatos. Her Majesty, Queen Consort Katherine Hasapis Thanatos. And I, His Royal Higness, Prince Malachi 'Nicholai' Hasapis Thanatos.
All custom made for each generation to come.

"Proceed." The royal advisors and representative of the werewolf tribes, Alpha Luciano, appealed their cases to the court. I remained quiet for the time being, knowing the only thing that would come out of my mouth would be execution. I was fuming. He had dared to hurt my mate ? My âme soeur?

But no one knew of the truth. At this current time, the only ones aware of our predicament, our said abomination of a bond, were my mother, Aeralina, Alariana, Priscilla, Taimi, Nevarah and her family, and I. I had considered telling father but decided against it. At least until mitéra and I spoke about a way forward first.

His Royal Majesty was of the people. Stuck in the ways of old because it was safe. And I had a feeling that public awareness of our bond would put her in danger. Well, there is more danger than she was currently in. I had no idea who had sent the note. No clues were left behind. The guard that left the letter seemed to be wiped off of any memory of attaining the note, let alone seeing whom had left it. So I was at square one.

Priscilla. How could I have forgotten. I made a mental note to go see her, hoping that she could perhaps give me any clue on who left the note. Who had dared to make a threat to Nevarah.

"In accordance with disobeying orders, the accused will be sent for imprisonment in the Serati Mountains." The final decree. Imprisonment. It was worth really of his crime, but unfortunately for him, he had committed a bigger crime. Harming my âme soeur.

"So what was decided?" Inquired mitéra as I sat in the far corner. She seemed to be getting better if her increased sassy comments were anything to go by. "Serati Mountains. He is to be imprisoned there."
"They are sending him to the mists of limbo. It is not surprising considering the importance of last night's trial. Though light considering what he actually did. You didn't tell him?" She pushed herself up, leaning against the a pile of pillows by the headboard.

"No. I thought I would wait first. Until we know for sure if the prophecy can be stopped. I can't imagine the threat they may become to her. Or worse, the threat they may see us for considering the whole 'world in decimation' part," I brushed back my curls.

I hadn't informed her about the note. The warning in blood. I simply kept changing the topic every time that she would ask me,'What exactly were you doing in Embermore?'. It probably would have been better to lie and tell her that I went there to feed, but knowing her , she would have seen through my lies. And I wasn't ready to see her wrath, especially now that she revealed her true nature. A blood witch.

"So, are you ever going to tell me why you were in Embermore?" She lifted an eyebrow. "I don't want to lie. So probably not," I strode towards the bed as I closed the balcony doors. I took the seat beside her, removing the blanket left by Alari earlier this evening. "Alright, I'll leave you be. Though I have a feeling you will tell me soon. At least, when you are ready to share. I just hope you know what you are doing."
"Thank you mitéra."