♡Epilogue♡

Marking the end of my first ever writing experience. I will miss this book dearly. Please give it love. There will be another chapter as an announcement for my next work which will be published soon.

Meet y'all in my next book ♡

Enjoy!!!

Taehyung's POV

The afternoon summer sun shone high in the sky, covering the town in yellowy glaze. It was quiet, birds chirping once in a while to let us know that the world didn't die yet. The weather reminded me of my childhood, when everything was perfect. Well, even then I didn't think it was perfect, only after the time passes do we start thinking about how good that time was by romanticising our struggles.

In the due course of my life, I had come to a conclusion that as humans we're bound to be melancholic. True happiness didn't ever exist, we made it up, an idea, a trophy that we needed to achieve. And in the end, every single one of us in this humankind lost that very trophy to an unknown void.

I remember the time I was in med school, dreaming to heal people. Never for once did I think that I would become the very person I needed to heal. Maybe that's where I lacked. To study psychiatry without knowing my own thoughts and myself was always a bad idea.

I tried to put together a broken glass. I thought I had succeeded in it, until I poured wine, and it spilt all over again. Psychiatry in med school had taught me that people were capable to be healed entirely. But never for once did it teach me what was to be kept on the line.

I still remembered the coldest evening of my life. I could still feel it in my bones, the horror of losing everything. I remembered waking up in my own apartment with a notice at the bedside table, notice of cancellation of my license.

It wasn't a surprise, but the fact that it clearly stated that I wasn't allowed to be seen at the outskirts of the very hospital I had worked at, messed with my mind. Surely I was a failed psychiatrist, but I wasn't a criminal, was I?

Failed psychiatrist, something I had never imagined to be. But a title I'd always cherish, because it was all because of him. How could I forget the only person who ruined me so beautifully? He had finally carved me into one of his delusional characters.

I wasn't allowed to ask anybody about him. To this day, I'm unaware of his life status. I thought he had died, but there was still a part of me that wanted to believe that he survived. It was summer now, his favourite time of the year.

If he were to be alive, I wondered what he would be up to by now. Would he still be playing with the bunnies in the backyard? Would he be singing to the flowers? He was softer than anyone else. Despite how harsh his life was to him, he was always the kinder one.

I wish I could see him one last time, even in death, then I would've thanked him.

Maybe in my next life

His words still echoed loudly in my brain. I stood at the balcony, looked outside and I felt at peace. After so many years, I could manage to feel alive. After losing everything there was to lose, I felt rich, and it was all thanks to him.

I had left the city soon after recovering physically. City Life was no more my cup of tea, and the hills had welcomed me into their warm embrace. This small town had people who loved me. Even though my license got evoked, I still helped few people here with my advices.

I had the opportunity to live, thanks to the man who died in my place. Not sure if he died physically, but the Jungkook I knew, had surely died in front of me. He killed the version of him I knew of.

I hope he gets a life filled with happiness, be it in this life or the next. May he live with me in the next life, may I reciprocate his feelings, may he live long. And in our next lives, if there ever comes a situation where either of us has to die, may death be kind enough to let him live and kinder to the one he takes.

If I can't be the one for him, may I be the one for death....

~~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~~~