Preference #51 - He Dates Your Best Friend, But You Like Him

A/N Go check out my quote book that I just started, it's going to be filled with inspirational and not so inspirational quotes, some that I made up and some that I stole from the Internet. Enjoy,
~T

He Dates Your Best Friend But You Like Him

Liam- They looked perfect. You couldn't deny it, but no matter how true it was, it still hurt. Liam was sweet, caring, and fun and seeing him direct all his attention and good qualities towards your best friend was painful. You loved both of them and you should've been happy but you weren't; you wished it was you holding his hand or going on ski trips with him, instead you had to be strong and put on a brave - as well as fake - face and pretend to be supportive of their relationship.

Louis- "Come on it'll be fun!" your best friend always used the same phrase when she tried persuading you to hang out with her but part of the bargain was Louis and as much as you wanted to, you couldn't bail on her for third time in a row. "Sure, I'll come," you dragged your feet towards the car when you heard Niall shout "Wait up, mind if I tag along?" they didn't care and you didn't either in fact, Niall could distract you from them and he was great company. Unbeknownst to you, Niall cared little for malls but knew you could do with some company so he came to rescue you from being the third wheel.

Harry- "Can you believe he asked me out? I'm totally going to buy the most expensive dish, once in a lifetime opportunity right?" your friend was completely not interested in Harry, she didn't even think he was attractive but because of his status, she was willing to use him for popularity and of course, his money. It could have been you if you had decided to pick up the drinks at the bar instead of her but luck wasn't on your side. The weeks passed and each day you were closer to saving him from a catastrophic relationship by subtly showing him how she was using him. Maybe he'd snap out of it.

Niall- You preferred his laugh over any sound in the world. If he laughed any problem you had seemed little because you could make him laugh but unfortunately, it wasn't enough. As much as he liked your company and jokes he was dating your best friend and even though they seemed like an odd incompatible couple they still dated. They didn't even appear to enjoy themselves much and Niall barely had anything to laugh at since his date was so serious but he was taken and you had to deal with it until he could realize he was dating the wrong girl all along.