Preference #33 - Sleeping Babies

Sleeping babies

Harry: It was a rare day when you had your husband home to enjoy some relaxing family time, even though most of the time those days ended up being the least bit relaxing. Finally Harry was home from touring and you could enjoy time with your children together. As the clock on the kitchen wall struck noon, you just then realized how quiet the Styles household had become. In your family, silence could mean only one of two things; someone was up to no good, or someone was sleepy. With a four year old and a six month old, silence was the one and only indicator that someone was up to some mischief. With wide eyes you rounded the corner and made your way into the lounge room where you had left Harry with your two babies. Peppa Pig was playing softly on the television, crayons on the floor, along with coloring in books and white sheets of paper that were now decorated with your son's scribbles. You smiled, letting your eyes go further. Letting out a small gasp at the sight in front of you, a small smile plays on your lips. Harry enters the room, just behind you. He sounds slightly out of breath. "I was gone for two seconds I swear- I just had to ring Lou-" But he stops his excuses as soon as he sees what you are looking at. "Oh my..." He smiles, proudly looking down at the sight of his and yours first child - well fur child that is, your growing puppy Max. The sleepy pup lays on his side as his head rests on top of your little boy's head, who's protectively cradling his baby sister as the three of them snooze peacefully. This was truly something you or Harry had never witnessed. "Get the camera." You whisper to your husband, careful as to not disturb your sleeping angels. When Harry returns with his digital camera, he can't help but capture the special moment shared between your three little loves.

Louis: After spending the last six months caring for your two girls on your own, Louis was finally home from tour. He had missed his girls. Six months doesn't seem that long, and it passed rather quickly, but your first daughter was only three, and your newest addition just arrived a month before Louis had to leave. You had your hands full with the two little girls while your husband was away, and Louis wanted to give you a much deserved break so without asking your opinion, he shoo's you away for a day at the spa with Perrie and Sophia, promising he'd be able to manage the bubs all on his own... And though he'd never admit it to you, Harry was called for backup just an hour after you had left. You had told Louis about how your girls needed a nap during the day, otherwise they'd grow tired and cranky throughout the afternoon. Louis promised you he'd have them both down by noon. Harry snickered from across the room, watching as the clock ticked to 1:30 PM. "Y/N is going to have my arse for this, Harry." Louis scolded, rocking the baby in his arms as she squirmed unhappily. Your toddler rested comfortably in Harry's arms, her big blue eyes wide with energy. Louis sighed, angry with himself. What parent couldn't put their own kids down for a nap? It was something so simple. Finally, your seven month old begins to settle, her eyes drooping as her father rocked her softly. Harry reenters the room minutes later, telling Lou that your oldest was nearly out as well. Louis smiles as he places the sleeping bub next to her big sister, the two seemingly off in dreamland. Louis thanks Harry for his helps and sends him on his way, and just as he waves goodbye and closes the door, after letting out a sigh of relief of course, faint giggling is heard down the corridor. "Shit." Louis curses, making his way to where the girls were napping. Sure enough, both little beauties are awake, and your youngest is giggling and gurgling away as her big sister laughs and places sloppy kisses on her cheek. There was no possible way for Louis to be mad, just seeing them so happy made his heart swell. He snaps a picture quickly, but keeps it safe in his phone, never for you to see that your girls had skipped out on their nap.

Liam: "C'mon baby, it's time for a nap." As soon as the words slipped from your husbands lips, your eyes went wide and your two year old daughters eyes welled with tears as she scrunched up her face displeasure. Liam begins to panic, not understanding why his daughter was now so distressed. It had been hard on all of you while Liam was away on tour. Your daughter had just turned two, and Liam felt horrible he was never really around. It was his first week home and adjusting to you and your baby's routine was hard for him. He felt as if his daughter barley knew him, and when she didn't seem to be accepting of him this time around, it nearly tore Liam's heart in two. "It's okay baby." You coo, holding your sweet girl close as you swayed her back and fourth. Nap was not a word your little one enjoyed to hear, and saying it only seemed to make getting her to rest ten times harder. Liam stood back, watching your little girl cling to you he felt a pang of jealousy in his heart. Why couldn't that be him? You catch Liam watching you, a look of hurt apparent on his face. "Just makes her anxious, Li." You reassure. "It's like she thinks I'm going to leave her while she sleeps or something." You sigh quietly. "Like how I left?" He asks, eyes widening as he never really realized how just up and leaving the two of you could effect his little girl. You stay quiet, unable to find the right words. "C'mon." You say, tugging his hand with your free one, your little girl still clung to your chest. Liam follows you into the bedroom, and he watches carefully as the two of you lay down and you pat his side of the bed. "Come have a rest babe. I think we all need it." And Liam's heart swells when he lays on his side across from you with your daughter in the middle. She's clinging a teddy bear which is nearly as big as her. "She loves you, Liam." You sigh, watching as your husband eyes his baby girl carefully. "I know." He says truthfully, yet still unsure of his own words. By now, the tiny little girl you and Liam brought into this world is peacefully asleep, and cuddled closer to Liam, who was smiling brightly to have his baby so close once more. The three of you remain that way for a bit longer, you enjoying watching Liam feel close to his baby once more. As the two of you successfully sneak away without waking the sleeping toddler, Liam can't get away without snapping a quick picture, something for him to post to the world, showing off his little angel.

Niall: You had told Niall not to go overboard with your son's birthday present. Turning two is exciting for the little boy, yes, but Niall had a tendency to go overboard with gifts, and you didn't want your baby turning spoiled. When Niall walked in with only one small box under his arm, you eyed him warily. Your husband gave you a cheeky smile and you narrowed your eyes as he called you and your son into the lounge room. Niall set down the small box, and suddenly something moved inside of it. Your eyes go wide. "Oh god, Niall. What have you bought him?" You question, a million possibilities running through your mind. "Settle petal." He smiles back at you, earning another glare. Your little boy comes running into the lounge room, a goofy grin plastered onto his little face. Niall scoots the box closer to your son, who looks at it curiously. "Open it mate." Niall urges, excitement evident in his tone. When your little boy opens the lid to the small box, you gasp. A tiny little black and tanned puppy peers out of the open box, and it was like your son had just met his long lost best friend. Those two played together all day, running down the halls after each other as your son bursts into a fit of giggles. "You did good Ni." You say, patting your husbands chest and leaning in for a kiss. Niall is quick to wrap his arms around you, deepening the kiss just ever so slightly. The two of you stayed like that for what seemed like ages, just holding each other close, enjoying the peace and quiet. But soon enough you are wondering why it's quiet, and what your son and his new mate are off doing. When you reach the lounge room, you can't help but let out an 'awe' at the sight of your baby boy. He was cuddled up on the lounge his baby blanket underneath him, his new buddy snuggled close under his extended arm. Niall is already taking pictures as you back away to let your baby sleep. "We should just let the dog put him to bed from now on." Niall jokes, earning a laugh.

Zayn: When you first brought your newborn son home from the hospital, your little girl was very suspicious. She was only two, still just a baby herself, but she was so independent, and unbelievably smart. You and Zayn had told her all about the baby that was growing in mummy's belly, and how soon enough she would have a new baby brother. You had read all the books and talked to doctors, you and Zayn did all you could to prepare your daughter for the new arrival. When she was introduced to the new baby, she stayed quiet, not asking any questions at all, not curious a bit. Her sudden change in attitude worried both you and Zayn, but with a newborn to keep you busy, those worries were somewhat pushed away. Suddenly, all of your time was dedicated to your new son, it had to be. You didn't think balancing your two children would be hard, but you were wrong. Your little girl had grown quiet over a period of time, and suddenly it hit you that you'd hardly heard a word from her all week. "Look at her, Zayn." You sigh, feeling so utterly guilty as you watched your little girl from across the room. She was seated in a lounge much too big for her tiny frame, and she clung to Zayn's iPad, it sitting like a little television in her lap. Zayn's gaze follows yours and he then realizes that his little girl has been made a second priority. Guilt hits the pit of his stomach, hating to see how she's had to grow used to being on her own. You watch as your husband makes his way over to his little girl, and she eyes him with her big doe eyes, as if she's surprised to see him talking to her. Another pang of guilt hits you. But soon enough Zayn is nearing you, a smiling little girl on his hip. "I'm gonna take her with me for the afternoon. She can come see the guys with me and then maybe we will stop for ice cream?" He asks, watching as her little face lights up with glee. While your husband is out with your little girl, trying to make up for the past few weeks, you decide it's time for your little boy to have a nap. He's dressed in a similar outfit as your daughters, and you can't help but smile. When you hear the front door creak open, you nearly have the baby asleep. Quiet foot steps make their way to the bedroom and you smile sweetly when you see your little girl cuddled up to her father, fast asleep on his shoulder. He lays her down on the bed softly, hoping to not wake her. Setting your little boy across from his sister, you and Zayn place pillows on the edges of your bed, as you do when you put them to sleep there. When you realize it's nearly been an hour, you follow Zayn to go check on the pair, but you stop abruptly when you see what Zayn is smiling brightly at. Your little girl lay on her back, her arms slightly extended, and cuddled up in the crook of her tiny neck is her baby brother. You and your husband pull each other close, taking a moment to adore the sight in front of you, as it is a first. Zayn snaps a picture and makes it the background on his phone, hoping it's not the last one he gets of your two children so close.