Chapter 13 - [smut] Appeasing the Ancestors

I don't remember how we got to the cemetery.

All I remember is the pain. It burns through me and I know it's the ancestors. They're punishing me for interfering with the Harvest.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I sob, desperately trying to apologise but deep down I know they won't change their minds.

Kol carries me and his face is taut with concern. Nik and 'Lijah hasten after us, memories of how they've hurt me recently flooding their minds making them full of regret and frantic to make things right with me properly.

Bekah has been called and she's already on her way but no one knows if she will make it here on time.

The Harvest has to go on.

The magic must be returned to the ancestors, that much is clear. There's no way around it. I don't know what my family have been trying while I've been away but I hope it hasn't made this worse for us.

"Fia," Kol whispers hoarsely, almost in tears. "Do you have the strength to push the magic back out?"

I can hardly lift my head now so he gets no response.

"Fia," he shakes me roughly causing pain to jolt through my body and I cry out. "Fia if you can't feed the magic back to the ancestors, the sacrifice is the only other way."

No. Not Davina.

Kol knows what's going through my mind and sets the record straight.

"Fia, it's not Davina. Darling you're the sacrifice...."

***

I pull harder on my family's magic, all four of them surrounding me with two hands on each of my shoulders.

"Is it working love?" Klaus agitatedly questions me, gasping as I draw more power from him.

"I'm stronger," I wheeze, able to talk and move more normally now. "But I can't shift the last of it."

I force the Harvest magic out but it swirls around me, refusing to leave without a sacrifice.

"Kol," I cry out for him and catch his eye for the most awful question I can't bring myself to speak aloud.

"No," he grinds his teeth together. "You promised me you wouldn't."

"Kol?" Beks asks him to explain, seeing I'm struggling with to form long sentences at the moment.

"She wants to use dark magic," Kol grumbles, very unhappy at the suggestion.

A chorus of no's and disbelief arise, my family are adamantly against that.

"If I don't... you'll have to... kill me," I shudder at the thought of being harshly disciplined by the ancestors.

Arguing erupts as they all refuse to let me do it. But there's no other way.

"I- I love you all so much," I stammer under the punishment of the ancestors. Pain wracks through my body once more, leaving me in agony and then numb a second later.

I bring my left hand up to my mouth and bite on it as Kol falls silent in understanding. They all watch in horror, letting me do it but hating every second of it.

Blood drops splatter the floor and I start a new spell, asking to be freed from the Harvest's bond to me. The blood at my feet sizzles and soaks into the ground before vanishing, the sacrifice accepted.

A second later, an almighty gust of wind rattles through the cemetery, shaking me to my core.

I curl up in excruciating pain and allow the blood magic to work, freeing me from the tightly coiled Harvest magic gripping onto my very soul.