Chapter 1 - Indiscretions

Chicago, 1920s

I do love my husband Klaus but right now, I can't stand him. This is the final straw.

He's just daggered Rebekah right in front of me.

How dare he?

How dare he take away another of my lovers for his own selfish reasons.

I'm the Original Wife. The Original Heretic. You would have thought my feelings mattered since I'm married to them all but apparently not. Klaus doesn't care about his siblings or how it affects me.

Arrogant prick.

I've asked him time and time again, pleading in desperation for him to stop daggering them. And yet every time he refuses to listen.

Enough is enough.

There's only one way to make him realise how much I'm hurting right now. When I caught him pushing that dagger into Rebekah's heart he simply used Mikael as an excuse which terrified me and I was too shocked to help my wife.

I should have stood up for her better. I don't know how she will forgive me.

Shame burns in my chest but I swallow it down along with my tears. I wish I could do more, I wish Klaus wasn't like this.

Checking over my shoulder, I lift up the lid to an empty coffin, one that has never been used before. I climb inside carefully, my tears finally streaming down my cheeks.

I won't allow Klaus to pretend daggers mean nothing. This will put it all into perspective for him. He will understand my pain now.

The lid closes and I feel a little claustrophobic in this coffin. It's dusty and uncomfortable.

Klaus will find me when he wakes his siblings up. That's the only way he will know where I am too. When he decides to allow them freedom again, I will be discovered in this coffin beside them.

When I wake, our family will be together again, happy and united. This is the only way. I can't live without them anymore.

"I love you Mikaelsons," I whisper as I hold the point of the dagger against my heart. "Always and forever..."

The dagger pierces my chest and I fall into a deep slumber, Klaus unaware of my rash decision.

***

New Orleans, Modern Day

I gasp and sit bolt upright. My family are surrounding me: Niklaus, Elijah, Kol and Rebekah.

Finally they are all un-daggered, relief floods through my body at us all being back together again. Klaus has come to his senses, I knew he would.

I reach out a shaky hand to take Rebekah's as she helps me to stand. I am too weak from the lack of blood and I lean on her to support me. Kol offers me an odd looking bag and my mouth waters, it's filled with blood. I smile shakily up at him in thanks and drain the bag.

It's A+ my favourite.

The colour slowly returns to my face and I look around. Kol and Rebekah are by my sides and Klaus and Elijah are observing from a few metres away.

"You finally undaggered us all," I comment still annoyed and Kol grins at my words, raising his eyebrows at Klaus.

"Fia love, how are you daggered in my coffin?" Klaus asks me almost amused, ignoring my dig at him.

"I told you I can't live with just watching you dagger your siblings over and over again. Rebekah was the final straw. I daggered myself," I respond indignantly.