Chapter 5 - [smut] Kol's Wish

"He's not back yet," Kol answers miserably when I eagerly lift my head to see if Elijah has returned.

He's still out with Hayley tracking down her family. They've headed out to the bayou to see if they can find any leads but no one is particularly hopeful. Her family seem to be a mystery.

I'm really disheartened by the fact Elijah has been spending more time with Hayley than with me but I know he's only doing it to keep his promise to her. He has to be.

I practise magic with Kol, finding new excitement in the ancient grimoires he has found and added to his extensive collection while I've been daggered.

Most of the time I stay busy, trying hard to distract myself from the growing unease at watching Elijah and Hayley grow closer by the day.

I'm not scared he will cheat. I know him well enough for that. He won't kiss her or progress their friendship any further but emotionally...

That's a different story.

The emotion connection between the two is undeniable. I had that once with him but it seems hard to reignite as I don't see him often enough.

"What are you thinking about darling?" Kol queries the lost in thought look on my face.

"Hayley," I say softly and my husband's face falls.
"I want a baby," I admit, "I wish there was a way."

"We will make it so," Kol pulls me to him confidently. "We've combined our knowledge to create some of the most difficult spells to date darling. If anyone has the intelligence, drive and power to do it, it's you... it's us."

He places a kiss to my temple, inhaling my scent deeply. He seems so sure of his words and it gives me hope.

I spend the rest of the day discarding all other magic and working solely on two things. Advancing my magical research on vampire pregnancy and Davina.

Davina.

The sweet girl hiding away in an attic. Beks told me about her but wouldn't say much else. I don't know who is helping the little witch but I plan too.

I know how awful it is to be shunned by other witches. They hate me for being a heretic. The least I can do is help Davina out.

I question Bekah about her situation a lot more but she refuses to tell me where Davina's attic is located. It hurts a lot and I immediately assume she doesn't trust me.

"Why won't you tell me? I want to help her..."

"Fia," Bekah sighs before explaining a little more. "I simply want you safe. My brothers have decided we should keep you out of the fight for leadership in this town. They don't want to put you under any more stress."

"They decided to hide this from me?" My blood pressure raises suddenly as I start to feel angry at being intentionally left out of the loop. "Who is in charge? And what has that got to do with Davina?"

Rebekah goes very quiet and I know I've put her in an awful position. I shake my head and decide to take it up with one of the boys, it's hardly her fault and I know she's still scared of Klaus' daggers.

"Kol," I march into his room, eyes blazing with fury. "What are you hiding from me?"

He gulps, confirming it's true. They have been hiding something and by the looks of it, it's something big.

"Darling, you have to understand..." he tries to worm his way out of this.

"No Kol. I'm sick of being treated like I'm fragile. I'm not, I'm your wife. Tell me."