I'd Drink To That

Heads up, for the Heaven chapter in my Hazbin Hotel plot, I'm not adding the Welcome to Heaven song. It's not exactly a good song and it doesn't fit within the storyline. Instead, I'm thinking of doing a reprise of Stayed Gone or Respectless between Aphrodite and Victoria. Which sounds better? Leave a comment below. Also, I'm not much of a song writer so I may need some help with the reprise.

Moxxie and Millie reported everything to Blitz about Striker's attempt to kill Stolas and himself at the Harvest Moon Festival. Blitz gave Millie and Moxie medical leave for a few days until Millie was back in action. Blitz, Loona, and Evangeline held down the fort at I.M.P. while Barb stayed with Stolas for a few days to help care for the twins. Though Stolas was more concerned for Kara; she was the one who tried to stop Striker. He saw her face when she left the festival; a broken-hearted soul. He was grateful for Kara's involvement at the festival but he was worried about her.

For the past few days, Kara had been ignoring Stolas's calls, and texts, and she barely left her club. Stolas decided that today he was gonna go and check up on Kara at her club. He told Barb that he'd be back in a few hours and then left for the club. Stolas made his way to Kara's Karaoke Club and Motel but when he walked in, he didn't see Kara around the club part of her building. He tried to ask a few of the workers but they were just so busy with their jobs that they paid no attention to Stolas. He then went to the bartender and asked about Kara. The bartender told Stolas that Kara was up in her room acting a little off.

Stolas thanked the bartender and headed up the stairs. He found Kara's room and then he knocked on the door. "Kara? It's Stolas. May I come in?" Stolas asked.

He could hear Kara shuffling around in her room. But she did open the door and let Stolas come inside. He noticed the tear streaks on Kara's face as if she had been crying for hours, along with the smell of smoke like she had been smoking or burning something. "Is everything alright? You've been distant since..."

"Since the festival in Wrath? Yeah. I have my reasons." Kara stated.

"Kara, you always help the ones you care about. Let me help you, my friend." Stolas calmly said.

Kara let her walls come down and told Stolas that Striker, the same bounty hunter that tried to shoot him and his family is her ex. "Ex? As in ex-boyfriend?" Stolas asked.

"Ex-partner, ex-rival, ex-everything. He sold my soul to the previous Overlord of Music. He was the first real lover I had, even if it was in Hell. And he broke my heart. Seeing him back at the festival just reminded me of all the pain I went through. That smoke you smell, it was from the letters that I burned." Kara explained.

Stolas wrapped Kara in a hug and told her that Striker didn't deserve her tears. He made his choice and didn't deserve Kara. She thanked Stolas for the comfort and advice for dealing with her rotten ex. She asked Stolas to stick around for her performance since she had the perfect way to end her feelings for Striker. Stolas went back downstairs and sat at a table that was close to the stage area. Kara came down the stairs in her classic red and black dress but she wore a grey cloak around herself. She stepped onto the stage and took the mic as a spotlight shined down on her.

"This one is for a former lover of mine. Someone who took my heart and broke at the same time." Kara stated.

A gentle melody played in the club as Kara lowered the hood of her cloak from her face.

Kara:

We gather here, we line up, weepin' in a sunlit room

And if I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes, too

Even on my worst day, did I deserve, babe

All the hell you gave me?

'Cause I loved you, I swear I loved you

'Til my dying day

The lights went dim around the club to where only candles were lighting up the place.

I didn't have it in myself to go with grace

And you're the hero flying around, saving face

And if I'm dead to you, why are you at the wake?

Cursing my name, wishing I stayed

Look at how my tears ricochet

Some of the audience swayed to the melody while others listened to the words.

We gather stones, never knowing what they'll mean

Some to throw, some to make a diamond ring

You know I didn't want to have to haunt you

But what a ghostly scene

You wear the same jewels that I gave you

As you bury me

A few tears started to form in Kara's eyes as she continued.

I didn't have it in myself to go with grace

'Cause when I'd fight, you used to tell me I was brave

And if I'm dead to you, why are you at the wake?

Cursing my name, wishing I stayed

Look at how my tears ricochet

She wiped away a tear with a single finger.

And I can go anywhere I want

Anywhere I want, just not home

And you can aim for my heart, go for blood

But you would still miss me in your bones

She remembers how Striker tried to shoot her but hesitated at the last moment.

And I still talk to you (When I'm screaming at the sky)

And when you can't sleep at night (You hear my stolen lullabies)

I didn't have it in myself to go with grace

And so the battleships will sink beneath the waves

You had to kill me, but it killed you just the same

Cursing my name, wishing I stayed

You turned into your worst fears

And you're tossing out blame, drunk on this pain

Crossing out the good years

And you're cursing my name, wishing I stayed

Look at how my tears ricochet

By the time Kara finished, everyone in the audience clapped and cheered while some had tears in their eyes from her moving song. Stolas gave Kara a reassuring smile, letting her know that she wasn't alone.