The Blood Red Anticipation

It was another boring day in class. I was shaking my leg in anticipation and tsking at anything and everything. I wanted to hurry up and go to practice. After the bell rang I was rushing to head to the gym.

Ryo came up to me and said, "Hey Akane."

"Oh...Umm hey." It was unusual for Ryo to come up and initiate a conversation. Usually she was accompanied by Daisy or she was with the rest of the gang. I learned more about all of them. They're all really good at basketball. some more than others. Each one of them had they're own story, not that I was one to investigate. But don't get me wrong! They are not my friends, just acquaintances. Yes acquaintances. I silently nodded to myself.

Anyways Ryo asked, "Do you mind if I tag along to the basketball practice with you. You're the manager/coach right?"

"Yeah I am, and I don't mind." It's the day right after I was appointed that role though. Information travels fast in this school apparently.

My training officially starts today. I wonder what Riko-senpai is going to make me do.

****

(le small time skip to the gym)

"What she's not here today?"

"Yeah..." Furihata, a member on the team, said. "I saw her in the hall and she said she felt sick so she had to head home."

"Oh."

"She also said to tell you that you should tell us what we should do today."

"Oh okay." I guess that's fine. What should I do? I borrowed a whistle from the storage room and told everyone to gather around. "For now let's start with an easy 15 laps around the gym."

"15!" Furihata complained

"Fine 20 now."

"20! That's way too much."

"25?"

All the members held his mouth now.

"Do not question me. My orders are absolute."

"Akane you're such an Akashi."Tetsuya said.

"I am not! That's it! 30 laps."

Kuroko shut up now.

"Beeeeep" I blew my whistle. "Go! Go! Go!"

Around the gym they went.

SIGH.

"Akane-chii. Don't you think your being too harsh." Ryo spoke up.

"No. Not at all."

"Ehhh! But that's like so much work. My brother doesn't even do that much."

"And that's why your brother will lose."

"No way Kise-nii-chii is the best. His perfect copy ability is unbeatable."

"My team will never lose."

"Hmph!You'll see Kise-chii can beat anyone."

"I'd like to see him try." With a hairflip from her one-sided ponytail she picked up her bag and walked out.

Daisy came up to me, "Umm hey bro, where did Ryo go?" She said it in a masculine way.

"Yeah, she's mad at me I don't know why. "

"I can name some other people who are mad at you off the top of my head. She moved to the side to reveal the collapsed basketball players on the floor.

Hahahahahahahehehe..he I laughed evilly inside.

"Just a hint Akane, Raw workout and just playing basketball isn't enough to improve people. Sometimes they need a little push."

"A little push huh?" An idea came into mind.

****

Riko said she was going to be out the next week, college stuff, stomach virus, helping out her dad along with many other things.

"Just treat this opportunity like a test." She said "If you are able to gain the trust of the members by then, then you'll officially be a coach."

A challenge one I was willing to accept.

***

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" I blew my whistle. "Kay guys today and tomorrow's practice is only going to be for an hour and a half."

"Huh. Why so short?" Ryo asked from the bleachers.

"That's because we have a practice game in two days."

"A GAME!?!?!" All of them asked in unison.

"Against who?" Junpei asked.

I smirked.

"Kaijo High."

****

Yay an actual game! Well a practice game but still a game! I'm so excited for the following updates. I came home from my vacation from Las Vegas yesterday. It was so fun. I got a lot of inspiration for this story! Anyways... I'm doing a short Q&A on this chapter. ASK ME ANYTHING!

Also I have a friend, who's a poet please check out her writings in the link.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/38225081-elevation