The Blood Red Unopened Box

Akane...

Akane...

Akane!

AKANE!

.

.

.

I woke up startled and panicked. Grasping my chest where my heart was trying to slow it's thumping down.

I sighed with relief, my nightmare no longer so real, and still fleeting away from my memory. That is until I was reminded.

Akane...how long?

I reached for a glass of water. After taking a few breathless gulps I held the glass in my hand. Ai slowly become more real in my reflection.

"What do you mean how long, Ai?"

How long...will you keep...remembering...her

My nightmare came back in an instance, her hand in mine. Her face, her words, her feelings. I clenched my hands, the sharp pain of my nails keeping me from throwing up.

Akane...you should face her...head first.

"No. There's no way I can. I don't even know what you're talking about. Anyways, It's out of the question."

Hmmm. She murmured then went back into the inner workings of my mind. Distant, but still there.

I laid against my bed, tired after finally getting over my one day cold. "Ai. I'm a little tired. It's a weekend. Can you take over for a bit?"

I didn't let her answer, but simply put my headphones on. I was going to fade...I was fading...fading...

.

.

.

Ai got up and started walking towards my closet.

Ai? I questioned. I assumed she was just going to read a book or something else.

She opened the closet then grabbed a chair and pulled it over.

Ai? What are you doing? Tell me.

"Don't worry. I am...made for Akane. Care...only...for Akane."

I understand Ai, but what are you doing...don't!

I panicked Ai was reaching for the box on the top shelf. That box-

That box should never be opened. Ai! STOP! PLEASE!

"...No."

Ai please.

"Akane. You know...I can't do anything. I am Ai...,but I am you. I am your...desire."