The Blood Red Light that Shines

Birthday? Oh that's right today is the day I was born. I had forgotten about it. No one in my family celebrated my birthday only the maids, Sebby, and sometimes....him. I shook my head trying to get rid of that bright atmosphere.

        As the blindfold fell of my face I realized that I was in the park. There was a set of cupcakes and a small picnic set up.

        "It was last minute so sorry we couldn't prepare anything better."

        Hmph. As if a simple picnic could do justice to the day of my birth. "Your forgiven. You are lucky that I like cupcakes." I walked over to the picnic blanket that was set up.

        "Akane-chan, even if you say that your smiling right now." Tetsu-chan pointed out.

        My eyes widened at this revelation, "Ah. No! I'm not smiling! ...or anything..." I covered my face with my hands.

        "Yeah. Yeah. Don't be such a tsundere." Daisy-chan said.

        "You're wrong Diasy-chan. If anything she's a himedere." Ryo-chan countered. 

        "Haaah! You say I'm wrong?!?!?!" Diasy-chan said while stomping up to Ryo. "Cm'here!" Daisy-chan grabbed Ryo-chan by her ponytail.

        "Daisy~chan! S-stop. You'll ruin my model career."

        Tetsu facepalmed while watching this happen.

        Shinji stuttered and stammered trying to get them both to stop.

        Atsuko...well she just stood there with this bored look eating chips as if everything was normal.

        I took in the scenery and it felt so happy that I smiled.

        Tetsu-chan noticed this and looked at me, "You should smile more. It suits you."

        With this comment I looked away. Tetsu-chan is too bright.  I think I understand why it's so easy for Kuroko to blend into the background and not be noticed; why it's so easy for Kuroko to be a shadow. I looked back at that dazzling light. If Kuroko is the shadow then Tetsu is the light that causes it. 

        Tetsu grabbed my hand and pulled me to sit down. I looked at the picnic set up. Out of the 12 cupcakes only one of them had a candle lit. Tetsu handed the cupcake to me. Everyone else gathered around and began to sing. "Happy Birthday to You!" 

        I looked around everyone's eyes on me. I frantically looked around trying to look for a place so that everyone's gazes were on me. I felt myself fading. Ai-chan. It's okay I don't need to escape. It'll be over soon. I felt a nod from Ai-chan. The song was over now and no one seemed to notice that the small power struggle had occured.

        I looked at the candle and I needed to make a wish. I thought for a bit then made a wish. Pheeew. I blew the candle.

        "Hey! Atsuko-chan don't eat the food just yet! Blah blah blah..."

        So the day went by as we played more games.

        It was close to sunset and soon everyone except me and Tetsu-chan were left. I was sitting around on the fountain until Kurok-san came to pick Tetsu-chan up.  

        "You know it's still not too late." Akane spoke.

        "Too late for what?" I replied.

        "For you to be friends with me. Friends with us." Akane was sitting out the ground and she came and sat right next to me. I felt the cold breeze go through the fountain and onto the nape of my neck.