The Blood Red Jewel Reveals

AI! STOP! Ai took off the cover of the box revealing a ruby necklace that glistened against the sun, so radiant just like her. It was also bright red like...her.

Ai and I both were suppressed into the back of my mind. Our body tumbled to the floor no longer having anyone conscious take control.

My memories fleeted pass me until the first day I had met her. The memories became so surreal until it felt like I was...living it.

.

.

.

I was in the back of the mansion a little far away. Big brother was sitting at the outdoor table playing a game of Shoji with Papa.

Our house cat came into my view. Rose we called her. I saw her red color hanging around her neck. I chased after Rose until she decided to scramble up a tree.

"Rose! Rooose! Come down. Please." I began to get frustrated.

"Rose! Down this instance. Right now! I command you!" Ordering her didn't work.

"ROSE! FINE! IT'S NOT LIKE I WANTED YOU DOWN ANYWAYS. ROSE YOU BAKA!" I yelled at it.

Sei-nii gave me a look from across the field. I can hear him snicker at the thought of me yelling at a cat. I didn't like it when he felt he was better. "Tch." I sucked my tongue with distaste.

Rose started jumping from tree to tree and I chased after her. We went so far that Papa and Sei-nii couldn't see me anymore. Rose lay lazily on a branch licking at her fur once in then. I wanted to go back for help until Sei-nii's mocking face came into my head.

I tide my dress up and started to climb the tree. I reached my hand out to Rose trying to coerce her. I stretched my arm out trying to cling to the trunk with my little fingers. I was now on the branch. I felt it bend under my weight. Rose jumped off the branch and landed on the ground.

My body became unstable from the swinging of the branch and my legs went over board. "SOMEONE! HELP!" I screamed my hands holding the branch.

I felt my finger release the branch from my weight one by one. Sei-nii was running over, but he wasn't going to make it.

I let go.

Someone please save me!

A moist body underneath me. It caught me in it's arms, but under my weight also fell to the ground.

"Ouch. That hurt." My savior declared. A brown haired girl a little older than me, got up patting at her knees. There was some mud on her face and she smiled at me. Reaching out her hand she said, "Hey, let's be friends, ne?" Her head tilted a little to the side.

.

.

.

I found out some days later that she lived next door and her family was really poor. She was my secret friend. I never told Sei-nii about my escapades through the whole in the gate, through the woods, and meeting her at the little stream. We had fun times playing pretend and she taught me about a lot of things, like how to fight. She was often picked on at school for being poor and learned to get out of ruthless fist fights or how to make yourself seem stronger than others. Every time we met there was always a new scratch on her. She says that in some of her fights someone would bring a knife and that's how she got her scratches. She called them her war wounds. I loved hanging out with her and how strong she seemed. Her story of survival was so amazing, unlike Sei-nii. Sei-nii is strong and smart, but she was so much nicer. She was my best friend!

.

.

.

It has been 2 years since I met her.

I was walking by the kitchen when I hear Papa and Mama talking.

"Darling. You have to stop Akane from playing with that filthy girl!"

Filthy? Are they talking about-

"I know precious I wanted to take care of it years ago, but Seiijirou says he'll deal with it. It will give him a good chance to get rid of social problems and take charge. For example firing people in the future perfectly and flawlessly. Just like an Akashi should."

"Hmmm...I'll believe you darling, but Seiijirou should show results soon, or else. He'll deserve some punishment, a penalty. It's more realistic and will help him learn."

"How about we take him off that basketball club he's wasting so much time in."

"Hmm...perfect."

.

.

.

I ran to Sei-nii's room. "Sei-nii! SEI-NII!" I opened the door of his room. He put his pencil that he was using to do homework with, then spun around his chair. "What's wrong Akane?"

I hugged him and tears were forming in the edge of my eyes. "Sei-nii, Is it true you're going to make me stop playing with her?" Sei-nii smiled, "Akane, if i wanted to do that then I would have done 2 years ago. I know how much she means to you."

I looked up at Sei-nii, and gasped with delight and relief, but just to make sure I asked, "Does that mean you will let me play with her?"

Sei-nii smiled, "Yes. I will. I won't lay a single hand on her."

I smiled and hugged Sei-nii, "You promise?"

Sei-nii took his hand in mine and said, "Yes, I promise."

************

Hey guys Ai and Akane literally took a stroll down memory lane.

hehehehehe.

I'm sorry that was really bad XD.

So you are welcome, I updated two chapters. Look forward to the next chapter already in progress "The Blood Red Hand I Held"

Thx for the support!

Nami~chan

\(^ A ^)/