27

Dazai's POV

I was sitting in my room, with nothing but ink and paper in hand. Write write write. Write all your feelings away, write all your thoughts away.

The ink was slowly dripping off the brush staining the yellow paper with a faint black drop. The ink bloomed throughout the paper. My mind was empty yet running a hundred miles per hour.

I looked outside the window next to my desk. A seagull suddenly flew past. That's strange, don't seagulls only appear near beaches? To my knowledge, there aren't really any beaches nearby.

.

"Dazai slow down" he grunted. "It's not my fault your dumbass stepped on a shard of glass" I remarked. We were in a beach in the middle of Malaysia. It was originally for a mission but who could miss out on the wonderful beaches?

"Dazai I'm serious I can't walk it hurts" he stopped moving completely. "Let me see it can't be that bad" it was pretty bad. The blood from his foot was dripping onto the yellow sandy grains.

Without a word, I picked him up and started walking again. "Hey bastard let me down!" he protested. "Would you rather walk yourself then?" I rolled my eyes.

I brung us over to the towel that I had placed down a few minutes earlier. It was under one of those sun umbrellas providing us shade.

"Lift your foot up" I pulled out the glass shard and he slightly winced in pain. The wound was now visible, bleeding even more. "Who even drinks alcohol at the beach. If I did, I would throw the glass away not leave it on the floor" he mumbled.

I quickly bandaged his foot with some gauze and bandages I had taken with me. "Why do you bring bandages to the beach? I didn't know your obsession was that bad" he questioned.

"What if my bandages get soggy by the seawater? Then what am I going to do? Of course I need to bring a spare" I retorted. As we sat under the shade, a pair of seagulls flew past.

There was something different about these seagulls. Normally, the feathers are would be a different color. This time, the seagulls didn't look much like seagulls at all. Did someone dye it or something? Their wings contained two colors.

Brown and orange.

.

7 years into the future

"Chuuya, want to go to a an amusement park? I saw this popular one with a beach only a few hours away" I walked up to him on the couch. "Is it just us?" he asked.

"Just us" I responded. "I don't see why not" he replied. "Let's stay at a hotel. That way, we don't have to drive home after being exhausted all day" I suggested.

"Can you pack my bags for me? Thanks!" I started walking away. "Hey get back here you idiot! I never agreed to anything" he started chasing me around the room as if we were playing ring around the rosie with a table.

He ended up packing my bags for me. "Chuuuya are you doneeee?" I entered the bedroom to see him shoving things inside a suitcase.

It seems like he was currently packing clothes. I looked inside the closet to see something I thought he'd thrown out. "You seriously kept this?" I lifted up a brown hoodie.

He didn't respond. He just turned away as an attempt to hide his blushing face. "There's no need to be embarrassed, it looks good on you" I put the hoodie over his head.

"See?" It looked just how it did seven years ago. Still a little bit too big on him, it looked cute. "Chuuya, don't forget to pack my bandages!" I left the room. "How could I forget" he let out an exaggerated sign.

.

It was a four hour road trip and we agreed that if I drove he would pack my bags for me. "Chuuya where are your keys?" I asked.

"Do you seriously not have a car?" he asked. "Nope. Didn't bring it" I responded. "It's on the front counter" he replied as he stepped outside the door. As I went to grab his keys, I noticed something.

Stars. The star pieces that we vowed to keep. He really is loyal huh. I quickly grabbed his keychain off the counter to find him standing outside.

He was smoking. "You still smoke?" I asked. He looked ashamed to answer. "Only on rare occasions. I can't figure something out, it's been stressing me out" he signed.

"You kept the lighter that I gave you?" he was holding it in his hands lighting up the cigarette. "Don't mention it" he turned around.

"You want to try some weed? I have just a little. I don't smoke that often either, just a little here and there" I responded. I rolled up the powder and lit it with his lighter.

I let him have the first hit. He started coughing immediately, he really doesn't smoke that often. "Chuuya breathe" I started rubbing his back to stop the coughing. It works like a charm.

"You want to try something called shotgunning? Basically, I take the hit and blow it into your mouth. It makes it less intense for you" I suggested.

We were now sitting on the concrete stairs outside his house. I took a long puff and moved myself closer to his face. With our lips just centimeters away from each other, I blew the smoke into his throat.

"It's easier huh?" I smiled. "Mhm" he replied. We went on like that for about seven more minutes until the roll was almost done.

I was on the last puff. I blew the smoke into his mouth but I didn't move my head away this time. The weed was starting to take its effect now, making me feel bolder than ever. This time, I leaned in closer to him and connected our lips.

My hands were cupped around his face as I pushed his head against the wall. He tried to push me away at first then stopped resisting and leaned in more.

There it was. That same feeling I had seven years ago. I might have a clearer idea of what that feeling was now. He pulled away first.

Fuck why did I do that. He was just starting to forgive me, now he must think that I'm so weird. "I-" he reconnected our lips. His lips were so soft, they felt so good against my lips. This feels so wrong but it feels so good.

I hoped that I wouldn't remember this. I hoped that I would forget this ever happened. At the same time, I hoped that I could remember this moment forever.

Hope. Just a little bit hope was all we needed.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1131 words