4

Chuuya's POV

Yuan. It was Yuan. "What are you doing here" I asked, trying to keep my guard up. Even though the sheep tried to kill me, they still were my friends.

"Hey don't act so tough, I'm here for the party just like you are. Whats up with that brunette anyway? He isn't even that attractive and to be honest. I don't get why they're all drooling over him" she shrugged.

"His name is Dazai and he is none of your business" I replied. The only one who can insult Dazai is me. After a few seconds of silence, Yuan finally spoke up.

"Do you want me to flirt with you to make him jealous?" I just stared back at her. "What are you talking about?" I acted confused.

"Come on now, it's so obvious you like him. The way you look at him, and the way you defend him" she rolled her eyes. "I do not!" I whisper shouted.

"Yea, sure you do. Anyways, you want my help or not?" she signed. "Fine, but this doesn't mean anything at all" I mumbled. Yuan smiled before moving closer to me, immediately getting more touchy.

She made sure to laugh loudly at everything I said as she made up a fake conversation. After a few minutes, Dazai seemed to notice with a kind of pissed expression on his face. He pushed past the poor girl and approached us.

"Come on Chuuya, we are going home" he said as he held onto my arm. "And what if I don't want to go yet?" I responded. "I don't care, we are going home now" he warned. The usual tint of playfulness in his voice was gone.

The car ride home was silent. The only source of sound was the blowing wind howling throughout the empty streets. By the time we got home, it was already 1:27 am. "So, are you going to explain why you dragged me out of the party?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because you were flirting with that pink haired girl the whole time" he replied. "At least I didn't have my tounge down her throat like you did with that blonde girl" I replied.

"Whatever, it's not like we're dating or something" he walked off into his room. It's not like we're dating or something. Those words felt like someone hit me in the face with a brick of realization that I so desperately needed.

Today was the last day of our break off the port mafia anyway, so I packed my things and left off to my place with my motorcycle.

I always feel so free driving on the highways when I need a breath of fresh air. However, today I was overloaded with endless thoughts instead. The speed was accelerating by the second. 55 mph. 68 mph. 76 mph. Passed the speed limit. 79 mph.

Boom.

Before I knew it, I fell off my motorcycle and smashed into the highway railing before I had time to react and stop myself with my ability. Guess you shouldn't go driving and thinking at the same time. Fuck. Everything hurts so bad.

I lifted up my shirt to reveal my scratched torso that was now bleeding. I couldn't feel the whole left side of my body that I scraped the ground with.

Pathetic, I thought. Imagine how many people are going through worst and you are here struggling over a highway crash. Get yourself together Nakahara.

I grunted as I threw my motorcycle to the side of the highway with the help of my ability. It's not like I couldn't just buy a new motorcycle but I did like that one.

Then, I jumped off to the side of the road and started walking home. When I arrived home, it was already 3:13 am. I couldn't care less about the wounds getting infected at this point.

But I could feel it all over my body. Dirty. Defeated. Disgusting. I needed to shower, I need to get rid of this feeling. After I showered, I went to my room but was stopped by Ane-san.

"What are you doing coming home so late at night?" she asked. "Nothing, just went to a party that's all" I replied. I could tell she sensed something was wrong.

She was about to say something but then stopped herself. After I entered my room, the tiredness and exhaustion must of took over and sent me off into a deep sleep.

.

It was now 6pm. It was winter and the sun was already setting. The snowflakes seemed to enchant everything around them. Ane-san and I were getting ready to head to work. "Why are you limping so much Chuuya?" she asked.

Shit make up an excuse. "I don't know, I guess I'm just tired" I lied. "Are you sure you don't want to just ask Mori for a few more days?" she questioned, clearly concerned.

"I'm fine, I don't want to get on Mori's bad side" I replied. Today was just a normal day at the Port Mafia. I was sitting in my office, doing paperwork after paperwork.

I mostly had to make up for some of the work I missed over these past few days. Suddenly, Ane-san came up to me. "Mori told everyone to meet him in his office" she reported.

When I entered the office, I saw the person I wanted to see the least. That stupid mackerel. "Boss, you requested us?" Hirotsu asked.

"Yes, I did in fact call you guys here did I not? Anyways, we will be going on a mission overseas tomorrow so pack your bags" he answered.

My bags are already packed from last night so that shouldn't be a problem. Why did Mori choose to have an overseas trip? Couldn't he just of picked a plane or something? Whatever, it's not like Mori has one right brain cell anyway.

.

It was the day of the trip. I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night. After we were done moving all our things onto the ship, Mori made an announcement.

"There is a limited amount of rooms, so you and your partner will share a room" he stated. Great. I have to live with that idiot all over again.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1051 words