13

Dazai's POV

I hurried over to the Port Mafia building even though I didn't have work. This was probably the first time in my life I willingly rushed over to the Port Mafia. Mori seemed almost surprised to see me barge into his office.

"It's unexpected seeing you here, Dazai" Mori wasn't even looking at me. He was paying attention to Elise drawing who knows what.

It could be a drawing of a fluffy teddy bear. Or it could be a drawing of a blood lust monster. There was no way to tell. The drawing consisted of two colors.

Brown and orange.

"Boss, I'm assuming you heard about Odasaku?" I asked. "Why yes of course, he left without a word but it was the talk of the town. Something along the lines of 'The mafia member who doesn't kill is going to murder someone tonight' was echoing through the halls, how could I not notice?" he smiled.

"I know what you're thinking. You want to go after him don't you?" he turned around to face me. "Sir, do I have your permission to send out a troop in safety of Odasaku?" I asked. "You have my full permission" he signed.

.

The second I arrived at the mansion, I started running for its gates. The troop was right in front of me, wiping away the security guards.

The moment I stepped into the main doors, I realized something. I would never be able to read that book that Odasaku promised he would write. He would never be an author, and I would never be the reader.

It's like seeing your world get slowly shattered apart and being forced to witness it with nothing you can do. It's like getting strapped with endless bars onto a wall and being forced to watch your everything suffer.

"Odasaku!" he fell down to the floor right in front of my eyes. At that moment, my eyes were probably full of terror. I ran straight to him and held his head up.

His hands were gripping onto my hair for support. "Odasaku, you can make it, you will make it. We ca-" my panicking was cut off by his almost giving out voice. "No Dazai, we can't" he whispered.

"You told me that you might find a reason to live if you lived in a world of violence and bloodshed" he mumbled. "I did.. but who cares about that now?" I responded.

"You won't find it. You must know that already. Whether you're on the side who kills people or the side who saves people, nothing beyond what you would expect will appear. Nothing in this world can fill that lonely hole you have. You will wander the darkness for eternity" his voice was starting to get raspy.

"Odasaku.. I.. What should I do?" I asked. "Be on the side that saves people. If both sides are the same, then choose to become a good person. Save the weak, protect the orphaned. You might not see a great difference between right and wrong, but.. saving others is something just a bit wonderful" he whispered.

"You can't know that" I mumbled. "I can.. better than anyone. After all, I am your friend" those were the last words I ever heard from that man. His eyes fluttered shut and would never open again.

The bandages on my face unraveled as his hands fell from my head. My hands let him go. I looked over to the other side of the room. There was a dead Kitsune lying there. Yesterday, at the swarm of monsters, a Kitsune ran away from the scene.

The Kitsune, the fox with nine tails that possess paradoxical abilities. One that can fly, have super speed, have super strength, have accelerated healing, shapeshift, dream manipulate, make illusions, predict the future, and modulate space time.

Modulate space time. Odasaku's ability allows him to see the future for a few seconds when he's in danger. If someone can control time and predict the future, his ability is completely useless.

.

7 years into the future

I was too late.

Atsushi and Akutagawa went first. Tanizaki stayed near the security cameras to not give Fyodor any idea what was happening, though I doubt he's that clueless.

Atsushi started knocking out the security guards with his claws. Akutagawa was putting the security guards to sleep with his Rashōmon.

That promise he made with Atsushi, to not kill anyone for six months. He really lives to his word. After the security guards were down which only took a few seconds, Chuuya and I started heading into the main gates.

"I see you're still as short as ever chibi" I giggled. "What happened to 'I'm only 15 im still growing'" I teased. "I see you still have an obsession with looking like a mummified zombie" he fired back.

"I guess some things just never change" I smiled. The more I walked through this place, the more sketchy it seems to be. This is too easy.

Fyodor would have suspected us coming. But, there was no one stopping us in the inside of the mansion. It's like as if he was trying to lure us in.

Luring people in huh. Reminds me of that one day. We moved past the halls with ease, careful not to cause too much commotion.

When we reached the main room, there he was. The rat with the snow hat was sitting in a throne chair alone right in the middle of the room.

The room looked like a dining hall, with a long table going across the room. There was utensils, wine glasses, and cement plates. The food on the plates looked like the food you would get at your average buffet.

"I figured you guys would show up. You guys want the page don't you?" he questioned. "Well, how about this, a game of Russian roulette. If you survive, you can take the page all you want. And if you don't, I think you the answer to that" he smiled.

Chuuya was about to kick him straight in the face when I stepped in. "We don't know his ability. It could be something with touch" I stopped him just before he came in contact with Fyodor's skin.

"You won't take no for an answer won't you?" I asked, Fyodor just smiled. "Well, there's two of us, and one of him. Russian roulette is a one on one game of life or death" I looked at Chuuya. He seemed to understand.

"Of course the suicidal brat would want to participate in this stupid game" he rolled his eyes. "But why though? What do you gain from all of this?" I took a step closer to Fyodor.

"A world without ability users. A world without crime. A world without punishment. This is simply just the punishment of your crimes" he responded.

"If that's truly your goal, then why not just write that down on the page? Why go through the trouble of using ancient creatures to kill the ability users individually" I questioned.

"Didn't I tell you?" he slightly tilted his head. "The more entertainment the better."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1189 words