23

Chuuya's POV

I stepped on the brakes for no actual reason. Something is just telling me to stop and look inside the box. The urgent stop caused me to almost be strangled by my seatbelt. The seatbelt was too high up, the lowest it could adjust was to my neck.

"Akutagawa, stay here. I'm going to check on something" I explained. I stepped outside the car and droplets immediately started seeking into my hat and clothes.

The rain has gotten bigger now, it was more of a heavy rain rather than a light shower. While I moved closer to the cardboard box, I realized that my eyes weren't actually lying to me.

The box really was moving, as if something was inside of it. I peeked inside the box to find a small kitten that didn't look so much like a kitten. It looked more like a blob of shit.

It was covered in mud, leaves, branches, and drenched in rain water. It was buried in debris to the point where I couldn't even tell the color of the poor thing. How could someone do this to an animal?

I picked up the kitten and it tried to claw me, clearly terrified. Regardless of its protests from biting to scratching, I still picked it up and hid it under my coat.

Before, I was feeling bad for the kitten. Now, I can see why someone left it here. The dirt on my coat was already bothering me. The constant shuffling and sharp cuts I felt on my stomach was making it worse.

There was blood dripping off the kittens claws from scratching me. My whole waist was in pain because of this small animal. This annoying kitten is getting on my nerves.

By the time I reached my car, the kitten had given up on escaping. It wasn't trying to kill me anymore, it just meowed quietly instead.

It's currently late at night, so no vets will be open. I'll bring it to one tomorrow for them to check it for fleas or anything else. This was the last mission for today, I could just keep the drugs in the back of the car and bring them to work tomorrow.

I drove Akutagawa to his place where he lives with his sister. Then, I headed back to my apartment. While I was entering the building, the originally white floor was stained with prints of my shoe sole.

The 'welcome' floor mat was now stamped with the bottom of my boots. "I'm sorry, I'm coming back from somewhere muddy. I'll tip the janitor extra money tomorrow" I quickly apologized to the lady up front and started walking to my room.

My whole outfit was stained from head to toe. Whatever, it's not like I do the laundry anyway. I took off my coat and threw my shirt to the side. A large scratch was revealed on the side of my stomach.

I entered the bathroom and started the water. It took about seven minutes for the tub to be filled up with warm water. After testing the water temperature with my hands, I gently placed the kitten in.

I was pouring water on its head and rubbing the dirt off its fur. The kitten was now purring softly, almost like it was enjoying the bath.

I thought cats didn't like water, strange huh. A while later, the mud washed away and I could finally see a hint of the fur. The true colors of the kitten has been revealed.

Brown and orange.

.

Dazai's POV

After rotting in my hotel bed all day for weeks, I decided to get some sunlight. I put on my coat and headed out the door. 'Be on the good side' it's about time for me to get a new job.

I could survive off the money I have now, but I want to fulfill his wish. I didn't have a particular destination in mind. I was just randomly looking at the posters on each pillar I saw on the streets.

'Gifted Special Operations Divison, $179,999 yearly, more information at *** *** ****'. Isn't that the organization Ango works for? Are they low in supply? Whatever, not like im going to work with a triple spy either way,

'Yokohama Elementary School, $39,999 yearly, more information at *** *** ****'. Me being a teacher? Around children all the time, it's something he would like. But, I can't really stand whiny kids all day.

'Cafe Uzumaki, $49,999 yearly, more information at *** *** ****'. Being a waitress wouldn't be that bad actually. Would I get free food? Wearing an apron taking orders isn't exactly what I was looking for though.

'Clearance Sale, buy one get one half price at Cafe Uzumaki, Until April 29'. Looks like they really are desperate for business. I looked down to see a picture of a strawberry shortcake.

That ginger is always craving strawberries, though he would never admit it. He finds the aesthetic of the strawberries to be embarrassing but enjoys the fruit.

April 29. That date sounds too familiar.

.

7 years into the future

"Grantors of dark disgrace, you need not wake me again"

If I said I wasn't staring, I would be lying. How could anyone miss out on such a sight? I would rather sit here and watch him all day than attend a glamorous art museum.

Twirls and marks all over his skin. Red overtook the blue in his vision. As if a tornado was occurring and he was the vortex.

I could forget how to breathe with this state he's in. He was decimating the battlefield leaving absolutely nothing in his way unharmed.

He looks astonishing, like a true angel from the deepest pits of hell.

Atsushi was about to take a step closer when Akutagawa grabbed him by his wrist. "If you move any closer, you'll get caught in it" he pulled Atsushi back.

"Get caught in what?" a black hole flew pass us at the speed of light. It's like an arrow barely missing its target. He was destroying the battlefield where no foe could escape.

A few more explosions later, the only thing left was remains and rubbish. I looked at my watch. Seventeen minutes. He should be at his limit now, if my calculations were correct.

Though they always are correct. I walked a little closer to the source of the disaster. What a shame, I have to be the one to put the divine saint to a stop.

"Dazai-san, if he can't control himself right now, how do you know that he won't try to kill you?" Atsushi questioned. "I know. I just do" there's no reasonable explanation as to why he never attempted to murder me in his corrupted form.

The only possible conclusion is trust.

Chuuya is the one and only god I would ever worship.

In my eyes, he resembles a seraphic paragon of virtue.

His eyes seemed to soften a little as I approached him. He barely froze for a second, and just that second was enough for me to
stop his rampage.

My aura is blue. His aura is red. When they come in contact, it should make purple. Instead, ours cancel each other out creating nothing but a white blinding light brightening the atmosphere.

He was coughing up blood, legs wobbly and about to collapse. I caught his body and set him on the ground carefully. I wiped the blood away from his lips using my thumb.

"You've gotten quite rusty. Do you always have to sleep after using tainted? Is it really that big of a deal?" I signed. "Try releasing twenty two black holes in the span of less than twenty minutes and tell me how you feel" he grunted.

"Shh.. you're wasting energy" I placed a finger over his lips. He tried to protest when he fell completely into my arms as I carried him away.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1314 words