15

Chuuya's POV

He's probably at home right now, he's probably waiting for me. Would he even wait for me? I grabbed my keys from the counter and turned to leave when someone suddenly stopped me.

"Chuuya, driving drunk isn't good for you" the bartender sighed. "Pfft. I'm not even that drunk" my words were slightly slurred as they came out of my mouth.

I only had a few drinks I think. I don't even get drunk that easily, a few glasses of wine is nothing. He grabbed my phone and went to my recent calls. 'Ane-san' he put her on speaker.

"Hello, this is the bartender of the bar that Chuuya is currently at" he introduced himself. "My my, is he drunk again?" she signed exaggeratedly. "Yes again, he drank like four bottles of wine. Can you come pick him up?" he asked.

"I don't need someone to pick me up! I can get home perfectly fine by myself" I protested. I could just drive home by myself. I don't understand why they're making a big deal out of this.

He just ignored me. "Do you need the address? It's-" she cut him off. "I know, I know, **** *** right? I've had to drive him home so many times I deserve a drink for myself too" she replied. The bartender just chuckled.

.

A few minutes later Ane-san showed up with a black limbo. "Chuuya honey, I thought you said you wouldn't drink so much" she palmed her face and shook her head in disapproval.

She took me to the car and we both climbed into the back. There was one driver in the front, focusing on the dark streets of Yokohama. He looks kind of familiar, he's probably one of the Port Mafia subordinates.

The car ride home was nothing close to silent. Ane-san was lecturing me half of the whole ride. She scolded me for drinking a lot, how I'm underage, how it's not good for you, and blah blah blah.

After a while, I think she gave up on trying to get her point across. I didn't really have any response to what she was saying, I was just listening to her rambling quietly and looking out the window into the night sky.

Instead, she started talking to me about these new hair pins she wanted to buy. "Which one do you think looks better on me? Gold, silver or diamond?" she showed me a picture of the hair pins individually online.

"I think you're more of a gold person" I shrugged. "I thought so too" she agreed. She probably wouldn't have chose the silver either way. Ane-san likes real and expensive stuff.

She doesn't like knock-offs and cheap jewelry that turns your skin green. That's one thing similar about us. After all, we can afford it.

.

When, we arrived, Ane-san dropped me off a few streets away from my apartment because there was no space to park. The hotel's parking lot has been getting packed lately.

Ane-san doesn't like wasting unnecessary money on tickets from double-parking on the streets. Even though she's rich, she uses her money very wisely.

The receptionist greeted me with a kind smile as I entered the hotel. I headed to the elevator, I don't like taking the stairs. It's too much extra effort.

I don't even know why I chose an apartment over a house. I mean, I could easily buy a mansion with the paychecks I'm receiving.

I think it's mainly because of the law though. You need to be like at least eighteen years old to buy a house which is kind of stupid in my opinion.

I pressed on the '22' button inside of the elevator. I lived on the twenty second floor which is the last floor. They keep mostly storage supplies and the janitor's room on this floor.

Many people have a fear of heights, so they wouldn't dare live on the higher floors. I don't see why though. I guess not everyone is as talented as me and can just casually fly whenever they wanted to.

However, it was actually quite nice without any neighbors. The halls were always quiet, and we didn't have to worry about accidentally waking up anyone.

Well, at least sometimes. We would still receive a few noise complaints in the middle of the night for arguing occasionally. How do they even hear us? Do they have super-hearing or something?

Dazai's apartment is basically my apartment now. I have been slowly moving some of my things from my apartment to his. I started off with clothes, towels, toothbrushes, and now almost all my belongings are in his house.

Dazai has also given me a spare key to his apartment. He said it was a spare one but he actually specifically requested one for me. We had two identical keys but with a slight difference. The two keys were each in a different color.

Brown and orange.

.

7 years into the future

Click.

One shot.

No chances left.

The trigger was already pulled, the gun was resting on Fyodor's forehead. He was still alive, he was perfectly fine even though the trigger was pulled. He removed the gun from his head to reveal the bullet dropping down onto the floor.

"You're probably wondering why the bullet didn't pierce me. It's actually rather simple, the gun never had enough horsepower to actually shoot a bullet to begin with" he shrugged.

"Then why did you challenge us to a game that was rigged? No one would die either way so the game was basically pointless" I questioned.

"Time, to buy time. Take a good look outside of the windows and tell me what you see" I turned around to face the wall of giant windows.

There were creatures swarming everywhere around this mansion. This brings me back to that day. There hasn't been another creature swarm this big since.

That day. That day that he left me.

Something was very strange. Something was very weird. Something felt off. It was too quiet. His annoying voice hasn't been bothering me since five minutes ago. Usually, he would be either making stupid remarks or randomly giggling.

I turned to the left side of the room to see Dazai kneeling down on the floor coughing up blood. "Dazai you idiot! What are you doing!" I hurried over to him.

"Don't worry, there's nothing you can do. The Russian roulette game held one main purpose. Yes the bullet was useless, but the empty shots weren't" he smiled.

"The gun slots were filled up with a type of poison that can affect you through just air. I predicted how far he would turn the cylinder when he was loading the bullet in. Then, I just filled every other slot with the poison" he started walking towards us.

"Dazai, you aren't as hard to read as you think."

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1155 words