19

Dazai's POV

My hand hesitated a little before turning the knob of the wooden door. I don't know why im feeling so nervous all of a sudden. As I entered through the door, the lights were almost pitch black.

The only source of light came from the gleaming pale moonlight through the tinted window frames. He needs to be more responsible, what if someone saw him? What if a sniper decided to shoot him right in the head? He could die for all means.

I pulled the living room curtains over and turned the small light on. I bought the small light for him because he would usually sleep with the ceiling light on.

Even though he's in the Port Mafia, he's still scared of the dark. What a child, in the line of work that roams through the darkness lays a kid that fears dimness.

The faint glow of light tinted the apartment with just a little bit of yellow. It looks more like the hotel im staying at now. It wasn't hard to figure out which room he was in, the room was the only one with the ceiling light on.

Is he awake? No, it's 4 am. He also would've noticed me if he was awake. I turned the door handle and it squeaked a little. It's not locked? Kind of strange.

I stepped inside the room to see a passed out Chuuya laying on the floor with a shattered glass bottle in hand. My guess is that he drunk too much and blacked out.

There was a little blood on his wrist because of the glass. His hands were well protected by his gloves while his arms were not. I picked up the shards of glass and disposed them in the trash can.

Pétrus 1989? That flabbergasting overpriced wine? He likes expensive stuff huh. I took a cotton wipe from the bathroom and poured some water onto it. Then, I cleaned the wounds on his arms just a little so that they wouldn't get infected.

His eyebrows furrowed a bit. How is he even sleeping through all this? I thought he was a light sleeper, how much did he actually drink? One bottle couldn't have done this much but it was all the evidence I could find.

"Don't over do it" I whispered to the asleep Chuuya. He only sleeps well when two things occur. One of the two is when he's drunk.

As I went to throw out the blood stained cotton wipe, I noticed something on the floor. It was Chuuya's phone, still unlocked. He must've been awake not too long ago then.

The screen was cracked, as if someone had thrown it across the room causing it to land all the way over here. Upon further examination, the message app was open and it looks like he was typing something.

This isn't an invasion of privacy right? It's just a few message, it wouldn't hurt to take a peek. "Shitty Dazai where are you" not delivered. "I will actually kill you asshole" not delivered. "Answer me bastard" not delivered.

All those messages had an exclamation mark next to them, showing that the connection was poor. Oh wait, I almost forgot. I took the Wi-Fi router with me.

There was one last message, half typed out. It looks like he didn't press send yet. "Please come back" the screen was still blinking waiting for him to finish his sentence.

I placed the phone back on the floor in the same spot as it was before. He can't know that I was here, it would only make things worse. I took a glance around the room, scanning to find what I was originally here for.

The white fluffy blanket was still lying on the bed untouched. It looked messy, probably because nether of us would make the bed in the morning. I carried him over to the bed and carefully placed him down.

I draped the soft blanket over his shoulders and cupped his cheek. I guess he can have the blanket, he might get a cold and I have more blankets at the hotel anyway.

He looks so pretty, his cheeks were red because of the alcohol but it looked as if he was blushing. After the sheep betrayed him, he still didn't want to harm them. I wonder if after I go, would he still care for me as much as he did before?

"I love you" I mumbled as i placed a kiss on his cheek.

Know it's for the better. No it's for the better.

Every gifted one has a fatal flaw. One so tragic that they cannot escape their fate. His fatal flaw is loyalty. No matter how much you hurt him, he will always want you to stay and never leave.

Like a dog.

"I'll miss you more than anything" I whispered as I forced myself to leave him behind.

.

7 years into the future

"I can't believe that stupid plan of yours actually worked" Chuuya signed. "Stupid plan? My plans are always correct, if we had followed the original plan I might've actually died" I retorted. "You're acting like you wouldn't have liked it. The poison probably wouldn't have hurt either way" he replied.

"If I had to die, I would like to go out beautifully. Like a firework bursting in the night sky. Or a double suicide with someone. Therefore, having Fyodor end my life wouldn't really satisfy me" I responded.

"As if" he scoffed.

.

After Higuchi gave us the walkie-talkies at the entrance, I decided to put some logic into those idiotic brains. "Are you guys being serious right now" I signed.

"What are you talking about Dazai-san?" Atsushi questioned. "Do you guys really think that the 'mastermind' Fyodor would just practically invite us over to his base?" I questioned.

"You guys are really just going to randomly barge in? Use common sense, he probably has some sort of trap planned for us" I replied.

"What trap do you think he's planning?" Chuuya asked. "Well, he's Russian. If we were to go with the stereotypes, he would most likely choose a game of Russian roulette" I thought.

"He seems like a boring person, so he would probably go with the stereotypes" I answered. "Do you really think he would do that? I mean, there are so many traps and possibilities. How can you be so certain tha-" Akutagawa cut him off.

"Stupid Jinko, every person with at least some sort of knowledge knows not to question Dazai-san's theories" he mumbled. "But what are you going to do about it even if he does choose Russian roulette?" Chuuya asked.

"It's a luck based game, you can't do anything about it" Chuuya questioned. "Knowing him, he probably wouldn't play fair and try a trick" I simply responded.

"Russian roulette is typically played with a six bullet revolver, so I could just switch the gun out to a seven bullet pistol or something" I responded.

"That way, his calculations would be off by one. Also, carrying a few extra guns wouldn't do any harm. I'm in the the 'Armed' Detective Agency after all" I added.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1200 words