The Unknowing Lover

Start from the beginning

Scott joined in on the fun with his own horn.

"Bum bump bum buuummmmmmm!"

Grian laughed and smiled.

"We've started something haven't we?" The blond ran his fingers through his hair ruffling the short strands.

"Oh yeah." Scott laughed softly. "Well I've better get going. I've got a soulmate to find."

"Oh yeah, me too." Grian laughed, dropping down to sit on the rocks. "I've almost died like three times already."

"I took a big hit to my arm, but other than that it's been pretty calm." Tango commented, taking a seat on the rocks.

As if to prove him wrong, his back suddenly pricked like an arrow had pierced it. Two more phantom pains followed it, but the pain quickly stopped.

"Ahhh!" Grain cried jumping to his feet. "Help! I'm gonna die!"

"Grian!" Scott cried as the hermit fell on the ground in pain.

Tango jumped over to Grian's side and pulled the trembling blond into a hug.

"It'll be okay." Tango reassured him, rubbing calming circles on his back. "You'll be fine."

Once Grian calmed down enough to stand on his own, the three of them discussed who his soulmate could be.

"With that reaction, it's Jimmy or Scar." Scott theorized as Grian pinched his nose.

Tango felt a flare of jealousy at the thought of Jimmy being Grian's soulmate and he wondered where that came from. Tango had always liked Jimmy as a friend and admired the man, but he wasn't in love with him, was he?

"Well I've better go and save my soulmate." Grian said, collecting his stuff.

"Me too." Scott responded, standing up as well.

The group said their goodbyes and went their separate ways, but Tango's thoughts were far away from the conversations at hand.

*****

Soon Tango came upon another group of people, this one consisting of Etho, Joel, Scar, Grian and Jimmy. They were situated on top of a hill on the other side of a ravine. The was a rickety bridge that stretched across the canyon, and as Tango worked his way across, he tried not to look down at the rushing water below. As Tango approached, he could hear the conversation of the group on the hill.

"Have you found your soulmate yet, Scar?" Joel asked with laughter in his voice.

"No, not yet." Scar sighed, "They're hiding from me I swear."

At this Tango heard Grian sigh in disappointment, and as he hauled himself up a steep part of the hill, he wondered why.

"So have you found your soulmate yet Joel?" Tango heard Jimmy ask, hope layering his voice.

Tango felt another strong sure of jealousy flowing through him. Why was he so desperate for Jimmy's attention?

"Yep!" Etho replied happily.

"Oh shut it." Joel sighed, and as Tango came into view he saw Etho wrap his arm around Joel.

Good. Tango thought, Jimmy's not soulbound to Joel. He paused as Etho called out a greeting. Wait, I can't love Jimmy. He's not avaliable. And besides, haven't taken nearly enough hits for it to be Jimmy.