Chapter 43: Good Things

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-
-
-
-

—Eva's POV—

"It's so hot out," Joe screams as we walk through Kevin's backyard to his pool.

"Happy Fourth of July," Danielle says walking out with her baby bump on full display. A lot has happened in the past couple of months. Danielle and Kevin found out they were pregnant and the world went crazy. The fans have been so excited to hear if it's a boy or a girl. I think it's going to be a girl but Joe thinks a boy. I hug her as she sits down by the side of the pool under an umbrella.

"What's up?" Joe says patting Kevin's back as he grills hamburgers. I grab her a soft drink from the cooler and sit down beside her as we wait for Kara. It's hard not to let my eyes wander to Joe. It's like we are magnets. Every time we can't find each other at a party or he's performing a show he can always find me in the crowd.

Danielle just laughs when she sees me looking at him, "You guys are like a Disney movie it's so sickening," she teases making me turn around. I go to respond but a giant splash from the pool cuts off my sentence.

Nick and Kara cannonballed in from the fence getting everyone soaked. I turn to Daniella and see she has an umbrella prepared for a moment like this. I swear she's the smartest person I've ever met. I kick my sandals off and throw my coverup onto a chair as I stand at the edge of the pool. A hand from behind me sends me flying in. When I surface I see Joe with a smirk on his face.

He throws his shirt on the same chair as mine. I swear he's been working out more just to mess with me. I see Kevin behind Joe and he 'accidentally' pushes him in. I thank him while floating away staring at the white clouds above us. I find a float and hop onto it almost falling off when Joe tries doing the same. He puts his arm around my shoulder as we lay on the small floatie.

"We should swim more often," he says as his hands graze the top of my chest. I roll onto my stomach and look at him, "This is also a good view," he says as I splash him with water.

"I know I've been really busy this week but I was thinking of cooking dinner tomorrow after your session in the studio," I tell him.

He seems a bit hesitant knowing just cooking skills but he says it sounds like fun. Both of us jump instantly turning our heads when we hear Kara screaming. I lift my head and she's holding her hand out as Nick is kneeling down on one knee, "Holy shit," I whisper. I climb out of the pool and tackle my best friend in a hug as she's crying.

"I'm marrying Nick Jonas," she says as I give him a hug, "Kara Jonas has a nice ring to it," she says as Joe moves past me from behind.

"So does Eva Jonas," he whispers in my ear making my eyes widen ever so lightly. His eyes linger on mine for a second before he walks inside to congratulate his brother with Kevin.

"I love you guys so much," I whisper as she hugs Danielle and me again.

"Did you guys know?" She asks.

"I had no idea," I tell her as Danielle just smirks.

"I went to help him pick out the ring but he chose that one all himself," she says as I stare at the elegant golden band with the small rock in the middle. It's the kind of ring she's been talking about since we were kids. It's perfect. She can't stop freaking out that she's engaged.

"This group has so many things going on right now. We are like five months shy of having a new addition, you're engaged, and Joe's finally stopped loading the dishwasher wrong," I tell them making the girls laugh.

"Ahhh my fiancé," she gushes as she runs over to Nick. He spins her around as he kisses her. It's like a fairytale.

"Girlfriend," Joe teases as he sloppily kisses my face. I push him away laughing as Danielle sits down on their dining room chairs. I grab her a plate and bring it over as Joe hands me the cover-up I asked for. I thank him and see he's put his shirt on. He sees the disappointment on my face and smirks poking my side, "You horn dog," he whispers as I push him away from me.

Joe and I are a little wine-drunk when we get back to the house. He presses his lips against mine making me sigh as his hands wander my body. We both just kick our shoes off and walk to his room but I stop at the bathroom pulling my lips away, "I want to shower," I tell him. He pushes me against the wall lifting his shirt off his body. I run my hands down his hard chest and move my neck to the side as he trails kisses down it. I run my fingers through his hair as he sucks a mark into my neck. His hands reach under my shirt sending the fabric flying across the room.

Soon he's grabbing my legs and telling me to jump. I caress the back of his neck as he sets me on the counter. He walks to the shower turning it on before pulling my shorts off. He moves down my legs kneeling in front of me. I lean my back against the wall behind me as his fingers loop around the fabric of my bikini bottoms, "look at me," he says pulling me out of my haze.

His eyes are darkened as they look into mine sending a shiver down my spine, "Joe, please," I whisper as he stands up. His hand pulls me closer by my neck making me moan against his lips. I fumble with the button on his pants as he unties my bikini top. I push him backward as I walk to the shower and wait for him to join me. I laugh as he walks in and pushes me against the wall putting my hands above my head. I run my hands over his biceps before he spins me around so my back is facing him.

"I swear we broke the shower handle," I tell him as we lay naked in his bed. He's sprawled across it sideways as I rest my head on his lower stomach.

"Worth it," he says playing with the ends of my hair, "I can't believe they're engaged," he says as I glance up at him.

"I'm surprised he didn't tell you," I say shocked that he wouldn't tell me either, "No offense but it's been our dream to marry brothers since we were kids so if you could just stick to the plan," I tease rolling onto my stomach. He sits up on his knees and bends down giving me a slow kiss.

"Love you too," I whisper to myself. He always knows how to shut me up with a kiss and I love it.