News - Part 8 - Harvey x Jim x Reader

For Ali-Kirkland

From what could be worked out, this was no crazy gang war that (Y/n) had got herself in the middle of. The other uniformed officers, unable to find anyone else hanging around the area. In fact, the opposite was the case; it seeming that apart from those that were part of the GCPD, the streets were empty. Even the city rats were conspicuous in their absence. The main focus for the police now, becoming an open window in a grungy looking hotel, across from the car where all hoped that (Y/n) was safe. Harvey once again demanding to know when the hell the SWAT team would get there, for the tenth time since they had been called in, five minutes ago.

Jim on the other hand, had been doing his best to communicate with whoever had the heavily pregnant detective, pinned down. His attempts only resulting in a few more shots being fired, at the dark blue car, that had been turned on its side. And the fact that they had no idea who the shooter was, nor why he was doing what he was doing, certainly didn't help matters any. The body at the center of the crime scene that (Y/n) had been sent to work on, now little more than a pink mist in the breeze, and a few lumps of meat. The still booted left foot, that sat on the bonnet of a patrol car, with the bone sticking out of the top, not much help when it came to a quick identification of the victim; and how, if at all, he was part of this.

"Are you out of your mind.........?" Harvey asked, as he looked over at Jim.

"What.........?"

"What do you mean, what? We are not contacting Alfred, we have this. (Y/n) will be fine............" Harvey told his partner, before grabbing the megaphone from Jim. The big Irishman not wanting to imagine what this might turn into, if Alfred did make his way there. Sure, the Englishman might just declare war on whoever had the woman that was carrying his baby, in their sights. The last, nearly nine months, proving that despite (Y/n)'s initial fears, he most definitely wanted to be with her, and be a father. Harvey and Jim laughing every time that the butler would call her to make sure that she was ok; or he would come into the precinct, to bring her something to eat. The female detective blushing fiercely, as he would kiss her, and then she would grab him by the arm so she could take him somewhere quiet so he could make sure that she ate everything.

"(Y/n)!" Harv called out through the loudhailer.

"You ok..............?"

                                                        >>-------------------------------------<<

"Not good, not good." (Y/n) groaned, as another contraction hit. The female detective doing her best to breath. Cursing, as another bullet struck the car, and she had to get as low as she could, lying as flat as possible on the road beneath her. It not an easy task, given another human being was trying to escape her body, and make its way into the world.

(Y/n) would give anything to have Alfred with her at that moment. Admittedly, if Alfred had come into the precinct that day, rather than call her earlier, she probably wouldn't be there. Only able to imagine the look on his face if the captain had tried to give her the job, while he had been there.

She only had a week left at work, before she started her maternity leave. And even though she did still have her own place, most of the time she was with Alfred and Bruce at the Manor; her nights spent in Alfred's arms, and any days off, she would spend being helped by Bruce to set up a room for the baby. The notion of a little one coming into the world, seeming even to give the young Wayne, something to smile about. But what seemed to make this current situation worse, as if being shot at was not bad enough, was that last night, Alfred had finally got down on one knee and presented her with a ring; asking if she would do him the honour of being his bride. She had of course said yes; to which Alfred had got to his feet and pulled her into his arms, placing his hand on the large bump, and promising that once the baby was born and all was settled, they would be wed. (Y/n) unable to stop herself from letting her mind fixate on the worst things, as one more bullet rattled into the bodywork of her shield. That she would never get married, that she and the baby might not survive this. That she would never get to see Alfred again. (Y/n) suddenly biting down on her fist, as yet another, but this time, stronger contraction, hit.

"(Y/n)!" The female detective looking up, as she heard a voice call out her name. There no mistaking that it was nervous sounding Harvey.

"You ok...............?"

"Oh yeah, you know, I'm tickety-boo, thanks Harv. I couldn't be having a better day if I tried. Though the asshole that keeps shooting at me, is sort of putting a dampener on things.........." (Y/n) shouted back. Groaning as one more deadly projectile, hit the car.

"Hey Harv..........?"

"Yeah, sweetheart..........?"

"I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything; but I thought I would just let you know that my waters have broken, and my contractions are getting closer together and stronger. So, I would really appreciate if you could hurry this along a little." (Y/n) added. The female detective not seeing the look that Harvey and Jim shared, nor Harvey grabbing hold of the radio and once again demanding that the SWAT team get there, before he and Jim took matters into their own hands.