Play with fire - Part 7 - Harvey x Jim x Ed x Reader

"I know that you two have had run ins with Zsasz before, so I thought I better show you this." (Y/n) said, as Harvey took the evidence bag from Jim's hand. Putting his glasses on so that he could see the bullet better.

"What do you think's going on.........?" Jim asked, as he looked between Harvey and the bagged bullet.

"I think that there are two possibilities. Firstly, Zsasz is advertising that he is in fact this Bullseye. Though given what little I do know about him, I doubt it. He already has enough of a reputation, so why create this new persona. Secondly, and this is my bet. Your Mister Zsasz is being called out by Bullseye. I think that if we aren't careful, we could end up with an assassin turf war on our hands." (Y/n) explained. Watching as Harvey and Jim looked at one another. As they contemplated what that could mean. Whether it could result in a higher body count than the city was already infamous for. Or, if it could mean that one deadly assassin could be replaced by another. And both Harvey and Jim were wondering whether it could result in a better the devil you know scenario.

"But either way, it may pay to bring Zsasz in. To have a word with him. I'm not too concerned about letting him know about the possibility of him having this Bullseye after him. I'm just interested in seeing if he knows who our new killer could be. Aaaaaaand that is where you two really come in." (Y/n) said. Grinning as Harvey and Jim looked at her.

"And how do we come in?" Harvey asked. Doing his best not to smile but finding (Y/n)'s grin too infectious, to not to return it.

"Well.........seeing, as I said, that you two wonderful gentlemen already have had a lot of dealings with Zsasz. I was hoping that you might just do me the slightest, teeniest, tiniest favour, and bring him in and interview him for me........I'll watch on and take notes. But if it works out that Zsasz is Bullseye, I don't want him knowing that its me that's coming for him. If he is distracted by you two, he won't even notice me." (Y/n) explained. Giving Harvey and Jim her best puppy dog eyes.

"Don't want much do you?" Harvey chuckled, as he handed (Y/n) back the bullet.

"Does that look actually work............?"

"I usually find that the look works very effectively. And as I know that you are both lovely, and happy to help a lady in need. I thought that you wouldn't mind just giving me a bit of a hand. That, and you did drop this case on me in the first place, Harv. Soooooooooooooo................"

"Boy are you good at that. Fine. Harvey and I will bring Victor in." Jim replied with a slight chuckle of his own. Shaking his head, as he looked at the smiling (Y/n). Knowing that she did have a point when she said that he and Harvey had dropped the case on her. So, it was only right that they should give her a little help.

"See. I knew you were both lovely, and sweet. Now, I have to get this thing back to Ed. He said that it was going to be a late night, so I offered to stay with him while he finished off the autopsy. If you guys let me know when you want to bring Zsasz in. I'll make sure that everything is ready." (Y/n) told them, as she jumped from Jim's desk. Giving the two men a peck on the cheek, before disappearing back to the lab.

"Anything for a pretty smile.........." Harvey scoffed, as he moved back to his desk.

"What? No.............Come on, she's right, and you know it, Harv. And we've cleared up the Franklin case. So, why not just do this..........?" Jim interjected. Not liking Harvey's insinuation. But having to admit that (Y/n) did have the prettiest smile.

"Fine...............Hey! You think that (Y/n) and Nygma.........? I mean, she does spend a lot of time with him............"

"She spends a lot of time with us too. But no one thinks that either of us have a thing with her. No, I just think that (Y/n) can deal with Ed better than the rest of us can. And she has always had that slightly morbid interest in autopsies. Ed just happens to be there." Jim replied. As he and Harvey looked over to where (Y/n) had left their view. Both men finding themselves wishing that they did have a thing with the beautiful detective.

                                                         >>---------------------------------<<

(Y/n) used the chopsticks to scoop up some more of the noodles. Ed had only just finished the autopsy on her latest victim. And instead of just letting him return to his little apartment, (Y/n) had decided that he deserved at least dinner for having to examine all of her alter egos victims. The delivery guy looking rather nervous as he had pushed the bag of takeout into her hand, before getting back on his scooter and quicky driving off.

She had to admit that she had learnt a lot from the riddling forensic scientist. Without knowing it, Ed had given her more than enough information to allow her to get away with her crimes, as she had sat in on his other autopsies over the time she had been with the department. He had told her what he looked for, as far as evidence was concerned. About the mistakes that criminals made. And she had used that to foil him. She had used that, to ensure that he would find nothing. That he would get no closer to solving the riddle that was Bullseye. And again, for that, he at least deserved dinner.

"Thank you for this, (Y/n)." Ed smiled, as pushed his glasses back up his nose.

"Think nothing of it, Ed. It's the least I can do for you letting me sit in and bug you all the time with my questions. And you never know. If Mister Bullseye keeps giving us victims, then this might not be our only dinner date." (Y/n) replied. A soft chuckle leaving her lips, as a bright pink hue crept up onto Ed's cheeks.

"And to be honest, I would rather be looking at you than the walls of my apartment. So, it's a win, win situation." The detective added with a smile. The blush on Ed's cheeks getting a little brighter, as he turned his attention back to his food. The two sitting quietly once again. The pleasant silence allowing (Y/n) to contemplate the next step in her little plan. To contemplate actually seeing Victor again for the first time since he had left her for dead.