Lost angel - Part 3 - Sal x Reader

"(Y/n), I would like you to meet Tony.........." Sal said, as the pair got to the car that sat out front of the cathedral. (Y/n) nodding at the big, bearded man, as he opened the door to the car, and she climbed in.

"Well.............?" The crime boss enquired, as the door was closed behind his lost angel.

"Yeah, the tip was right. We found them exactly where he told us.........."

"Did Frankie and the boys fix them...............?"

"Just as you told us to.............." Tony replied. Sal smiling softly, as he made his way to the other side of the car.

Since (Y/n) had told him the whole story about what had happened to her parents, Sal had taken it upon himself to find the scum that had not only killed her family, but also burned their life's work to the ground. A tip that they had received, finally paying off. The gang that had taken the lives of her parents, now forfeiting their own. He knew that he wanted to tell (Y/n) that the men that had done so much damage to her life, would now not be able to do any more. That she could leave the confines of the church and the convent and feel a little safer; but he didn't want to ruin the moment. He didn't want to upset her, now that he had managed to talk her back into the world. He would save the good news for another occasion; now, now it was time to eat and enjoy the evening.

"Is everything alright............?" (Y/n) enquired, as Sal finally climbed into the car next to her. The head of the Maroni crime family, taking her hand, as Tony started the car, and pulled into traffic.

"Yeah, just a little business. Nothing for you to worry about.........." He assured. (Y/n) nodding and smiling at him, before she turned her attention to the city, and the traffic that made its way along the busy streets. Streets that strangely felt a little alien now.

(Y/n) had walked the streets of the metropolis since she could remember. They had been her playground; and even though she was aware that there were bad people in the city, people that would happily do others harm for no reason whatsoever; she also knew that there were many good people too. People that were doing their best to make an honest living and live as best as they could with their modest means. But now, now it felt a little like she didn't know anything about the city at all. That she knew nothing about the people that called it home. The fact that she liked Sal, and he had been quite sweet to her since they had met, the only things that kept her from asking for the car to be turned around, so that she could be taken straight back to the cathedral.

                                                          >>-----------------------------------<<

Sal looked at the woman by his side, as he felt her hand grip his a little tighter. Her eyes not leaving the streets, or the people that made their way along the sidewalks, as they passed. He could feel her nervousness; it hung heavy in the air, but he had to think that she was doing well, given that this was the first time that she had left the relative safety of the religious buildings, in eight months.

"No one's gonna hurt you..............." Sal suddenly assured. His heartbeat quickening, as she turned and smiled at him.

"I'm not worried about that. I always feel safe when you're with me, Sal. It's just that I have this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. It feels like I don't belong here anymore.......that, or maybe I am just hungry............" (Y/n) told him. Chuckling at herself, as she did her best to not ruin the evening. It not the time to tell Sal, that the feeling in her stomach, was actually anger at those that had killed her parents. Anger that they were still alive, out there on the streets. The cops seemingly doing nothing to solve the murders of her loved ones and bring the guilty parties to justice.

"Is that right........well, you won't be soon..............." Sal assured, placing his arm around her shoulder, as she moved into his side.

                                                           >>------------------------------------<<

(Y/n) looked at the building, as the car pulled to a halt. She had to say that it didn't look like much from the outside, a brick wall with a large window, red painted wood on the upper level of the building, and a bright, white door. But she had a feeling, that what was inside, would be much more impressive. That she couldn't imagine Sal not having a little something up his sleeve. Happily taking the big man's hand, as the car door was opened. (Y/n) pulling his coat around herself a little more, as a cold zephyr, suddenly made its way along the sidewalk. Tony quicky making his way to the door of the building, as Sal kept hold of her hand, and escorted her inside.

                                                             >>-----------------------------------<<

This was the reason that you should never judge a book by its cover. The interior of the restaurant feeling much more like it was a part of Sal, and far more impressive than you would think from the exterior. The expanse felt a little dark, despite all the lamps, and the chandeliers that hung from the ceiling, that sent out a warm glow. Pictures seemed to cover every inch of the walls, white tablecloths were thrown over every table, and heavy drapes hung from the windows. (Y/n) found herself feeling quite comfortable in these new surroundings. Yet another smile coming to her lips, as Sal helped her remove his coat, before offering her his arm, and taking her over to a table that was a little further away from the others. The big man pulling out a chair for her, before taking his own seat. (Y/n)'s brows furrowing, as a slender man with a noticeable limp, made his way over to them. A soft smile gracing his lips, as he got to the table.