Play with fire - Part 14 - Victor x Ed x Reader

Victor grunted, as he forced himself from his bed. Pissed to find that he had already finished the full bottle of aspirin, that he had had laid next to him. To say that he felt like shit, would be an understatement. He had done his best to splint his arm; done his best to bind his ribs. The assassin just hoping that there wasn't any internal bleeding that had been caused by the beating that had been inflicted on him. He still couldn't see from one eye; his swollen face only having seemed to have gotten worse. A small part of him wished that Bullseye had finished him off. But no, that wasn't him. What was him, was getting through this; was recovering. Was showing this Bullseye, that it would take more than being beaten to within an inch of his life, to keep Victor Zsasz, down. And then, he would get his revenge. He would rip the mask from the new assassin's face and watch with glee the look in the man's eyes, as he placed the barrel of his gun to his forehead, and then slowly, ever so slowly, pulled the trigger. Victor wincing, and cursing at himself, as the thought of taking Bullseye's head from his shoulders, as a trophy, made him smile. Even this slight movement, pulled apart the scabs that had formed over the cuts on his lips; allowing blood to trickle down over his chin.

With as much speed as he could muster, he made his way over to the bathroom; throwing open the door of the little cabinet that hung on the wall and fumbling with the items inside. Bottles, jars and packets falling into the sink, as he looked for the full bottle of aspirin that he was sure was in there. Using his remaining good hand and teeth to pull off the lid, before pouring some of the white tablets into his mouth; swallowing as heavily as he could, to force the painkillers down his dry throat.

Leaning against the wash basin, Victor pushed the door of the bathroom cabinet closed, with his head, resting his forehead against the cold mirror. Savouring for the moment, the slight feeling of comfort that it brought him, before moving so that he could once again survey the damage that had been done to him.

How could this have happened? He was Victor Zsasz for god's sake. He was the one that did this to other people. That was why he was the best.........or, had been the best. The bald assassin suddenly punching the mirror; broken shards falling into the basin, along with the contents of the cabinet, as Victor let out a pained grunt. No, he was still the best; he would always be the best. No matter what had happened; no matter how he looked, he was still, and would always be, the best; the most dangerous assassin in Gotham. And when he was back to normal, he would prove it. He would show the whole of Gotham; he would show Bullseye, why his reputation was, what it was.

                                                        >>----------------------------------<<

"The back row..........? I didn't know you had it in you.........." Edward chuckled, as Ed did his best to ignore him and watch the movie; despite the fact that he wanted nothing more than to tell him to shut up. That all he wanted to do was enjoy the time that he had with the female detective, so he should just go away. Yet doing such a thing in a quiet, darkened movie theatre, would not be the best thing to do. And even though (Y/n) had laughed it off, the last time that Ed had spoken up against Edward; if he did it again, she might just think that he had lost his mind.

"Now all you have to do, is make a move. Put your arm around her shoulder........." Edward added. Ed just shaking his head. Smiling and pushing his glasses back up his nose, as (Y/n) turned to look at him for a moment, before turning her attention back to the film.

"I knew it was too good to be true. You actually get a woman that wants to be seen in public with you, and the only thing that you can do, is summon up the courage to get seats on the back row. You really are pathetic, you know that? A joke of a man. But if you let me deal with this, we could show her what we are really made of. That we have more to show her, than just your microscope. We could kiss her; you'd like that, wouldn't you? We could invite her back to the apartment................."

"SHUT UP!" Ed suddenly exclaimed angrily. (Y/n) and everyone else in the theatre turning to look at him. Annoyed shushes and calls to be quiet, coming from the crowd.

"Ed what................?" (Y/n) tried to ask, as she reached for his hand. The female detective ignoring the calls for her to keep it down.

"I'm........sorry.........I........I need to go............." Ed said apologetically. Hating that he had let Edward get the better of him. Hating that he felt the need to leave, when up until then, he had really been enjoying himself.

"That's ok, I'll come with you.............." (Y/n) replied, as she got to her feet. Letting everyone else know, in no uncertain terms, that they should just shut the hell up, and go back to watching the movie, before she pulled Ed from the theatre.

                                                        >>-------------------------------<<

"Ed.............?"

"I'm sorry................." Ed interrupted, as (Y/n) drove the car towards his apartment.

"There is nothing to apologise for Ed. I've seen better movies. It's just I'm worried about you. Why would you blurt out...............?"

"I................" Ed began. Wondering how he was going to explain what had happened. Why he had said what he had said, without her thinking that he was mad man.

"I have this voice.........in my head. He says things sometimes. Wants me to do things..................."

"And what did he want you to do, that caused you to shout like that............" The female detective enquired, as she slowly pulled the car up to a halt outside where Ed had told her he lived, before turning to look at the obviously embarrassed man.

"He, er............he wanted me to put my arm around your shoulder. He said that perhaps we may be able to kiss you, if I let him take over..........."

"Is that right? Well, we know what this voice in your head, wants. But what about you, Ed? Do you want to put your arm around me. Do you want to kiss me..........?" (Y/n) asked, as she placed her hand on his cheek. Ed feeling his face heat up, as he looked into her eyes. The forensic scientist unable to do nothing more than nod in reply. His eyes widening, as she leant in and placed her lips on his. Ed forgetting everything, as he found himself kissing her back.

"Why don't you invite me up for a nightcap..............." She finally continued. Ed just nodding again, as he tried to recover his breath. (Y/n) smiling as she got out of the car; Ed quickly following her and holding out his arm for her to take, before escorting her into the building.