Play with fire - Part 6 - Victor x Reader

Victor had been out in the city, trying to get some information. Well, when Victor said, "trying to get some information", what he actually meant was that he had been out threatening to kill people unless they gave him any information that they might have on Bullseye. The hitman still not able to believe that the new assassin had had the gall to come to his own doorstep. Had had the bare faced cheek to leave him a bullet with his name on it and call him out. Yet no matter who he had tortured, or threatened to kill, no one seemed to have the slightest clue who this upstart could be. The new killer not haunting any of the usual spots in town. No new faces having been seen. Not even any rumours about who Bullseye could be. And all that was making his already frayed temper, begin to unravel at the seams. Though he knew that he couldn't allow that. If this Bullseye wanted, as his note had so succinctly put it, to play. Then Victor had to be ready. He had to be ready for anything.

One thing that Victor had been able to find out while he had been out threatening half the city, was that this Bullseye was good. And when he said good, what he actually meant, thought he would never admit it out loud, was that he could actually be better than him. The assassin seeming to be able to appear and disappear like a ghost. Able to not trip alarms or be seen on any security system. Yet Victor knew that he was not facing some spooky specter. No ghastly ghoul. What he was facing though was a highly skilled and very dangerous killer. A highly skilled and very dangerous killer that had set his sights on him. That had set his sights on Victor's title.

                                                         >>------------------------------------<<

(Y/n) watched on, as Ed went about his business. Going through the routine of examining the body. Of noting any injuries and marks, other than the obvious hole in the middle of the forehead, that is, that might be on the body. Ed no longer bothering to ask her if she was sure that she wanted to stay for the messy bits, as he prepared the bone saw to crack open the skull of his new customer. He had long ago discovered that the detective had a strong stomach, and never seemed to be affected by anything that she saw. Ed giving (Y/n) a little smile before setting at the cranium. The sound of metal against bone filling the room. (Y/n) just leaning back against the wall, as she watched proceedings. Knowing that this time, Bullseye had left something a little extra for the forensic scientist to find. A little something that would bring Victor into the mix.

"Interesting!" Ed suddenly remarked. (Y/n) pushing herself off the wall and making her way over to the table. Fighting back the smile that so desperately wanted to come to her lips.

"What.......? What's interesting.......?" (Y/n) asked, as she tried to see what had tweaked Ed's curiosity.

"In a tunnel of darkness waits a beast made of iron. Released by a touch and accompanied by fire. What am I?" Ed replied, pushing his glasses further up his nose with the back of his hand.

"Well......a bullet. But we were expecting a bullet, Ed. There has been a bullet in the last eight victims so I doubted that this one would be any different. So, what makes that so fascinating?" (Y/n) enquired. Furrowing her brows, as Ed gave her a smile.

"That is true. But in the other victims, there was only one bullet. In this one, there is two." Ed announced, showing (Y/n) the bullet that he had dropped into the emesis basin, and the one that he was holding in the tweezers.

"So, Bullseye shot this guy twice...................."

"No. Not shot twice, detective. The first bullet was the shot that killed the victim. The projectile has flattened out as you would expect from hitting and going through the skull. But the second one. The second one is completely intact. It hasn't been fired. I would hypothesis that this Mister Bullseye pushed the second bullet into the hole after the victim was deceased. I believe that it was left there as a message............."

"A message? Why would it be a message?" (Y/n) asked, as Ed dropped the bullet into the basin and showed it to the detective.

"Because (Y/n), this has a name on it."

                                                                >>-------------------------------<<

(Y/n) made her way through the precinct with a little evidence bag in hand. She was on her way to see her two favourite detectives. She had to admit that she didn't really like deceiving Harvey and Jim. She had always enjoyed their company. Always enjoyed the evenings that the three of them would make their way to a bar and swap stories over a few drinks. And in a world full of corruption, the two jaded cops were the straightest thing that she had met. Making her hate the idea that once Victor was no more, that she would have to up and leave, sure that she would miss the two men. Yet they, like Ed, were a means to an end. She needed all of them to get Victor. To do their jobs and help her make Zsasz's life as uncomfortable and difficult as possible. So, she would have to continue with her plan, and have the two men play their part.

"Hello beautiful. What can I do for you?" Harvey smiled, as he looked over the top of his glasses at (Y/n).

"Well.......its not just you I wanted, Harv. I really wanted both of you." (Y/n) replied, as she leaned over Harvey's desk. The big man gulping, as (Y/n) pulled on his tie. Jim just rolling his eyes and chuckling as he watched the two interact.

"How can we help you. (Y/n)?" Jim asked. (Y/n) smiling as she looked over at the younger detective.

"I need you to help me with this." (Y/n) said, as she threw the small evidence bag to Jim.

"What.............?"

"It's a bullet from the latest Bullseye victim." (Y/n) explained, as she made her way over to Jim's desk and took a seat on the corner of the table.

"Okay......so what do you need? It's a bullet..............."

"You're right Jim, it's a bullet. A bullet exactly like all the other ones that we have found in the bodies. But this bullet, this bullet hasn't been fired. And there's something on it that you two might just be interested to see." (Y/n) explained. Harvey getting up from his chair and making his way over to Jim. The older detective trying to get a look at the bullet. Jim looking up at (Y/n) as he saw the word etched into the metal.

"Zsasz!"