Shield - Part 2 - Harvey x Jim x Reader

My apologies for lack of updates, but I have been having surgery and was only allowed out of hospital a couple of days ago. Hopefully as I recuperate, I will be able to get back to my usual routine.

They had eventually found a nurse that had been able to tell them where (Y/n) might be, the two detectives pushing their way through a double door to be greeted by yet another long corridor. The duo making their way up to a desk behind which a couple of women in nurses uniforms sat.

"Detective (Y/l/n). I mean........we're looking for a (Y/f/n) (Y/l/n)." Jim said, as he and Harvey looked at the two women.

"Oh, she.............."

"And whom is asking.................?" A man interrupted the nurse, as he appeared through a door behind where the two women sat. The elderly man, dressed in a white coat, looking over the top of his glasses, as he closed the file in his hand. It obvious from his air, that he wasn't just a janitor with a penchant for dressing up.

"I'm Detective Gordon, and this is Detective Bullock. (Y/n) is our partner and we..............."

"We have already informed your captain of the detective's condition. So, as we have no one down as Miss (Y/l/n)'s next of kin. I can't give you any more than that I am afraid............."

"I don't care what you told the captain. I don't care about that next of kin shit. I want to see her..........." Harvey growled, as his banged his hand on the top of the desk, already having enough of this guy's crap. His mind too focused on seeing his girl and making sure that she was still alive, to give a shit about offending anyone or being reprimanded for his actions later.

"I beg your pardon...........?"

"You heard me. I want to see (Y/n) and I want to see her now.........!"

"Harvey................"

"No, Jim. My girl is somewhere in this place and all this guy is doing is telling me that he can't give us any more information because she couldn't put my name down on some stupid form. All I want to do is see her, and one way or another I am going to do just that." Harvey said, as he looked at Jim. The younger detective unable to do anything but nod in agreement; Jim well aware that there was no way that he could convince his partner to tread a little more carefully.

"Now.........where is she...............?" Harvey asked again, as he turned back to look at the doctor.

"She's in room 711............." One of the nurses said, as she pointed to a door that was just a little further down from the desk. Harvey giving her an appreciative nod, before he quickly made his way down the corridor. Jim giving the doctor an apologetic look, before he swiftly followed.

                                                       >>---------------------------------<<

Harvey stood before the door. As much as he wanted to go into the room, he feared what he would find when he opened the ingress. (Y/n) had been in a bad way when the EMTs had taken her from him. She had lost a lot of blood, and despite his best attempts, she had fallen unconscious. And even though he didn't know if the bullet had hit anything vital, he still knew that it wasn't good. That all this could mean that he might lose her.

As much as he knew that Jim was right, he still couldn't help but blame himself. More than once he had tried to talk her into doing something else other than be a cop; to tell her that it was too dangerous. But each time she would just kiss him on the nose and tell him that being a cop was all that she had ever wanted to be. That, and who would watch his and Jim's backs, if she wasn't around. Harvey feeling that he had let her down; that he hadn't been watching her back, that he hadn't been protecting her like he had promised himself he would do. Though, he did swear that if (Y/n) did die, he would make it his mission to go out and find the person that hired the asshole that shot her and kill them.

"Harvey...........you ok?" Jim asked, as he came up behind his friend. His hand placed on Harvey's shoulder.

"I............you don't think that she's dead, do you................?"

"If she was dead, she wouldn't be in a room. The place we would be going, well............it would have been the morgue............."

"Yeah.........yeah, you're right." Harvey agreed, as he finally placed his hand on the handle. Taking a deep breath, before he turned it and watched as the door slowly crept open. His heart jumping into his throat, as he saw the sight in front of him.

He knew that it would be bad. On the way to the hospital, all the worse case scenarios had been playing out in his mind. Hell, he had even imagined her funeral. Yet this.........this was somehow worse than that.

She just lay there, her skin appearing so much paler than it usually was. Around her were all manner of machines, most of which he had no idea about; the detective only sure that one of them was helping her to breath, and another, the one giving off the incessant, yet reassuring beep, was monitoring her heart beat.

What he wanted to do, was rush over and pull her into his arms. He wanted her to be awake so that he could not only apologise for letting this happen to her; but also chastise her for shielding him. For taking the bullet, that in rights, should have hit him. But at this moment, it felt like his feet were stuck in cement. That he was being weighed down, and no matter what he tried, his legs just wouldn't move. Part of him fearing, that if he even so much as breathed on her, the beeping sound would stop; and the love that he had found with her, would be gone.

"Harvey...............?"

"What, yeah..............I just............"

"She won't break. I think that she would really like for you to be here when she wakes up..............."

"But what if I do something wrong? What if I................."

"You aren't going to do anything wrong Harv. All you have to do is take a seat in that chair and talk to her. I don't know whether she will be able to hear you but..............."

"Yeah, you're right." Harvey agreed, looking over his shoulder and giving Jim a small smile before slowly making his way into the room, and taking a seat next to the bed. His hand carefully holding onto hers.

"I'll leave you to it. If you need me I'll be..............." Jim trailed off. The younger detective letting out a soft sigh as he realised that Harvey hadn't heard a word he had said. Jim quietly closing the door before taking a seat in one of the chairs in the corridor.