Back from the dead - Part 8 - Jim x Harvey x Reader

Jim groaned as he woke. Pulling a pillow over his head, as the sun streaked in through his bedroom window. His memories of the day before were........well.........to be honest, patchy, to say the least. He could remember drinking. Drinking lots. He could sort of recall staggering along the sidewalk as he made his way back to the precinct. Something inside him telling him that he had had words with Harvey. The image of his friend's angry face suddenly appearing behind his closed eyes. The detective for a moment wondering why Harvey had appeared so irate. Why he had done what he had done. Jim suddenly sitting bolt upright as the memory of exactly why he had got drunk hit him like a ten-ton wrecking ball. The picture of (Y/n). The sight of the girl that he thought he had lost. The sight of the woman that he had mourned for the past three years, coming back to him. Jim jumping from his bed and quickly racing for the door. Not caring that he was still dressed in the same clothes as yesterday. Not caring that he and his suit were creased. The detective only able to think about seeing her. About making sure that what he had seen the day before, was real.

                                                          >>--------------------------------<<

Harvey woke with the smell of fresh coffee and cooking eggs filling his senses. A small smile pulling at the corners of his lips, as he heard (Y/n) begin to sing softly. The detective slowly sitting and moving the blanket that had been placed over him. The last thing that he could remember was that he and (Y/n) had finished the food that he had got. The pair just talking about everything and nothing. His friend never really moving from his side. Harvey pretty sure that they had fallen asleep together on the sofa. Yet he wasn't surprised to find that he was now on his own. (Y/n) had always been an early riser and it was obvious that the last few years hadn't changed that.

"Oh good. Your awake. I was just about to come and give you a kick.........." (Y/n) joked, as she poked her head into the room.

"Breakfast is ready. I thought we could both do with something in our stomachs before we face the day. And my eggs are better for you than whatever god-awful pastry that you would stop off for on the way into the precinct." (Y/n) continued. Her smile getting even bigger as Harvey got up and made his way over to her. Allowing her to take him by the hand and lead him into the kitchen. Pulling out one of the chairs at the table.

"Do you think Jim will be in today?" (Y/n) asked softly, as she placed a plate of eggs and a mug of coffee in front of Harvey.

"Of course, he will. Last night will have given him a chance to think. A chance to collect his thoughts. Now he will want to talk to you. He'll need to talk to you. Everything will be ok, sweetheart. I promise." Harvey assured, as he reached across the table and took her hand. Squeezing it softly, before picking up his fork and digging into the eggs. Harvey having no intention of missing out on breakfast. (Y/n) rolling her eyes and smiling. Deep down just hoping that Harvey was right, and that today wouldn't be as bad as she feared that it was going to be.

                                                                >>---------------------------------<<

Jim raced into the precinct, taking two, three steps at a time as he got to the stairs. Ignoring the looks of the others as he made his way over to his and Harvey's desks. His heart dropping as he found neither Harvey nor (Y/n) there. Jim dropping into his chair, as he looked over at the empty desk that had been (Y/n)s. Not sure whether he had actually been seeing things.

"Morning." A voice came. Jim turning to see the captain make her way out of her office with an arm full of files. Dropping them on to (Y/n)'s desk.

"I should have expected them to be late. Harvey has probably dragged her to the coffee shop." Sarah said with a soft chuckle.

"Her..........you mean..............?"

"(Y/n), Jim. (Y/n), remember. I had Harvey take her home last night. He probably picked her up and took her to get coffee." The captain continued, as she took a seat on the corner of the female detective's desk.

"So, it was real..............." Jim almost whispered. His shoulders slumping, as his eyes fell to the floor.

"Its real Jim. It was (Y/n). Look........its hard for me to believe that its real too. But it is. Its (Y/n). And all she wants to do is talk to you. To try and explain. Maybe..........maybe you should just sit with her. Give her a chance." Sarah told him. Placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Jim slowly nodding in agreement.

                                                              >>-------------------------------<<

"Why did we have to go for coffee? I made you breakfast. I brewed you fresh coffee from the stuff you bought from the store last night." (Y/n) asked, as she and Harvey pulled up outside the precinct. Harvey just shrugging as he pushed the last piece of Danish into his mouth.

"You ready?" Harvey asked, through a mouthful of food, as the two of them looked at the building.

"As ready as I will ever be." (Y/n) replied, as she opened the car door and climbed out. Harvey following suit. The two making their way across the busy street. Dodging the cars as they went.

"It'll be ok. I promise." The Irishman assured. Placing his hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder and slowly pushing her through the front doors. Grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her up the stairs. Harvey giving the other cops warning looks as the two of them passed. The pair stopping as they got to where Jim and Sarah sat.

"Sorry we're late captain. Harvey just insisted on getting a second breakfast." (Y/n) finally managed to say. A soft smile coming to her lips as Jim looked up at her.

"Morning Jim..................." (Y/n) added, as she walked forward, and placed a coffee in front of him.