The assassin's soulmates - Part 1 - Oswald x Edward x Reader

"It has to be her." Oswald said, as Edward came to sit next to him on the sofa.

"But wouldn't we have known it before? I mean we have both used her services, surely we would have known that she was our soulmate." Edward asked, as both men looked down at the soul marks on their wrists.

Edward had a little umbrella, and Oswald had a green question mark; but both men also had the symbol of two crossed handguns, and up until now, neither of them had had any idea who the missing link could possibly be.

Most Gothamites only had one soul mark, gifted with only one true love. But Edward and Oswald were different, the two men had always known that they were destined to have two loves, and once they had found them, then their world would be complete. Both Edward and Oswald were shocked when they discovered that they were soulmates; but it was fate, and who can fight fate. Now, all they needed was the missing piece to their puzzle.

(Y/n) was one of the best assassins in the business, as deadly as she was beautiful, and both men had to admit that they had had feelings for her. But it wasn't until Oswald had accidently discovered that the soul mark on her wrist consisted of the canopy of an umbrella, with a question mark as its handle, that the two men had put two and two together.

"Well we will soon see if my information is correct; the car is on its way to pick her up now. I have arranged to meet her at the warehouse just in case, that way she won't guess that we have another motive to seeing her, other than for a job." Oswald explained, as he leaned over and patted Edward on the shoulder.

"Now let's just see if fate is smiling on us." Oswald added, as the two made their way to meet up with the assassin.

                                                         >>------------------------------<<

(Y/n) sat in the car that Oswald had sent to pick her up. This wasn't anything new, Oswald had used her services before, and he had always been gentlemanly enough to send a car for her. So, when she had received a message that he wished to see her, she had thought nothing of it.

She stared absentmindedly out of the window, watching as the dark city flew by, and (Y/n) couldn't help but smile. She had always enjoyed working for Oswald, and had been happy for him when she had discovered that he and Edward were soulmates, but that fact had only led her to question the mark on her arm even more.

(Y/n) had always hidden her marks, never believing that one man could accept her for what she was, never mind two. When she had first met Oswald and Edward, she had thought that they could possibly have something to do with her marks; but once she had found out that the two were soulmates, she had dismissed the idea. She had never met anyone else with two soul marks and with the relationship between Oswald and Edward blossoming, (Y/n) believed that it was best to forget about the whole thing, instead concentrating solely on her work.

"We are here miss." The driver said, bringing (Y/n) back from her thoughts.

"Mr. Cobblepot says that he will meet you inside." The driver told her, as he opened the door, and helped her out.

(Y/n) cautiously walk into the empty warehouse, jumping slightly as a few scared pigeons flew towards a hole in the roof. It wasn't that (Y/n) didn't trust Oswald, but this was Gotham, and it was best to never let your guard down.

Gradually moving further into the dilapidated building, (Y/n) spotted a movement out of the corner of my eye. As she turned around, she found Edward pointing a gun at her, and as the pair stood there in an uncomfortable silence a sing song voice cut through the atmosphere.

"Search her will you Edward."

Edward moved towards her, as she raised her hands so that he can check her for weapons. (Y/n) smiling as he began to move his hands up and down her body, caressing her hips, thighs and chest.

"You enjoying yourself there Ed?" (Y/n) asked, staring wide eyed at him as his hands moved to her backside cheekily squeezing it slightly as he smirked up at her. Edwards hands suddenly stopping moving, as he found the gun that (Y/n) had concealed under her jacket in the back of her pants waistband. Edward slowly pulling out the gun and holding it in his fingers, glaring at (Y/n) as she simply looked at him, and smiled and shrugged. Edward moving away, as Oswald came out from the shadows and took the gun from him.

"Really (Y/n), a gun? I do expect better of you." Oswald said, a wicked little grin forming on his thin lips.

"Hello Ossie. Well, a girl needs protection. You never know who you're going to bump into in a dark alley, this is Gotham after all. Oh, and by the way...... I want that back!" (Y/n) replied, smiling as she pointed to her gun.

"Same old (Y/n), I see?" Oswald hummed, as moved up to stand just in front of (Y/n). The strange glint in the man's eye putting her on edge.

"Of course, Ossie darling, I wouldn't want to disappoint you, now would I?" She smiled, looking between the two men.

"Ok fellas, why am I here?" (Y/n) asked, folding her arms across her chest and staring at the two criminals.

"I have an unnerving feeling, that despite what I may have been led to believe, I'm not here for a job; but if you two are going to try and kill me, I assure you that I ain't gonna make it that easy." (Y/n) told the pair, as she took a fighting stance. She knew that neither of the men were fighters, so she just had to hope that she could disarm one if not both of them, before they could get a shot off.

"My dear (Y/n), I would never harm you. We would never harm you." Oswald told her, trying to sound as reassuring as he possibly could.

"Well Ossie, that sound nice and all, but let's face it, you and Ed here aren't averse to saying one thing then doing another. Nor are you against the killing of people that get on your bad side. So, I ask again. Why am I here?" (Y/n) remarked definitely. The assassin waiting for a suitable answer.

"We would like to see you soul mate mark, (Y/n)." Edward explained, as he came to stand by Oswald's side. (Y/n)'s hand instantly moving to the mark on her wrist.

"Why? Why would you want to see that? Anyway, I don't have a mark. I was born without one." (Y/n) lied. The assassin backing up, as the two crime bosses moved closer.

"Please (Y/n). I have been reliably informed that you have a mark. A mark that is made up of two marks. Edward and I would like to see them, because we think we know who your mates are." Oswald explained. Cautiously reaching out his hand, hoping that (Y/n) would take it.

"And whom do you think these so called mates, might be?" (Y/n) enquired, as Edward mirrored Oswald's gesture. Holding out his own hand for (Y/n) to take.

"Why (Y/n), that would be us of course."