Childhood Crush

Hailey's pov:

"Hi haileyyyy!!!!!" Milly called from across the sidewalk were everyone else was sitting.

"Milly!" Jake yelled, running towards her. Once the whole club was all together, we started to set up the picnic. 

Zander requested we all bring some food or drinks so of course I brought my favorite food, blueberries. 

Sean brought fruit punch, Milly had bought Stacy's mama Mia pizza, Zander brought all the supplies, Luke brought a container of sliced watermelon, and Jake brought, you guessed it, a LOAD of peaches.

"This all looks delicious!" Jake exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Sean agreed. "Great idea Hailey!"

It was the fall, but today was very warm. 75 degrees with the sun shining brightly in a perfectly clear blue sky. Today was perfect. After a few minutes, I figured now that people were eating, they'd be distracted and maybe not care too much about the announcement.

"Oh right...that again..." I thought. I hated having to think about it all the time.

"So guys..." I started to say.

"Yeah?"  Milly replied, stuffing her face with watermelon.

"Me and Jake have an announcement to make..." I mumbled, but loud enough to hear as I sat straighter.

"You're pregnant?" Milly joked, wide eyed and smiling.

Zander choked on his fruit punch.

"No!" Jake yelled as Zander could still be heard hacking in the distance.

"M-Milly!" I screeched, as a heavy pink tint appeared on my face.

"What?" Milly shrugged. "That's how pregnancy announcements start soo-"

"I-it's not that!" I hissed.

"Yet" Milly mumbled, now starting to take bites of some cheese pizza.

"Me and Jake are..." I paused, nervously fighting the urge to run away screaming. "We're ...we're...dating."

Before I said that, Zander had finally stopped suffocating. But, of course, once the words came out of my mouth, he choked again, spilling some of the fruit punch he had took a gulp of earlier out of his mouth.

"WHAT?" Zander yelled, coughing and staring wide eyed at me, his eyes moving from me to Jake in a matter of seconds. "YOU...WHAT?"

"Z-Zander I-l" I tried to reason with my enraged brother. But this stupid grape would not stop talking.

"NO! NONO NO! I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER YOU DOUGE BAG!!" Zander yelled, focusing on Jake.

"Woah! W-what did I do?!" Jake asked as he backed away from Zander.

"Zander!" Luke yelled, running up and grabbing him to prevent Jake from being mauled to death. "Calm down honey buns- I mean uh....zander!"

"But-I-want-to-KILL-this-dude!" Zander threatened, huffing while being strangled by Luke.

Even though Zander was strong, Luke was stronger, and managed to pull him away to calm him down in a different picnic table.

"Holy cow!" Milly said in shock.

"What did you do my man?" Sean asked, with him and Milly staring at Jake wide eyed.

"I-I don't know?!" Jake said. "I wish he didn't hate me..."

Jake looked so sad... I couldn't stand to see him like this. I decided I'd kick Zander's butt later. For now, I would make a choice.

"It's ok dork" I said, kissing Jake on the cheek.