Morning

Hailey's Pov:

When I opened my eyes the next day, I immediately smelled pancakes and bacon coming from the kitchen.

"Jake! Wake up!" I yelled, excitedly shaking him.

"H-Hailey?" Jake yawned quietly, fixing his hair when he saw me.

"WAKE UP!" I yelled in his ear.

"AH! IM AWAKE HAILEY!" Jake flinched and pulled the blankets over him.

"Well, I guess the PANCAKES and BACON will all be mine" I smiled sweetly and sprinted to the bathroom to get ready.

"HEY! WHA- I NEED THE BATHROOM!" Jake screeched banging slightly on the wooden door of my room.

"Too late! Use the one in the hallway!" I said, whilst combing my hair and brushing my teeth. I needed to look cute! For no one in particular... I heard my door slam just as I was finishing up.

"Is he gone?" I thought. I looked all around my room and, yeah, Jake was gone.

I scattered through my closet to find something cute but comfortable. I settled on a maroon sweater and black leggings, putting my hair in a high ponytail. After some light make up, I rushed down stairs to the sweet sound of sizzling bacon.

"BACON!!" I yelled running up and saying good morning to everyone.

"where's Jake?" Luke asked shoving a giant pancake into his mouth.

"He's in the bathroom in the hallway. Boy stuff I don't know." I shrugged and opened the kitchen cabinet for a fork, a plate, and delicious pancakes and bacon. I took a bite and went straight to heaven! Shannon's pancakes and bacon were delicious! Never the same as when my mom made them but still delicious.

"Mmmfh! So good!! That's what she said" I said, my mouth half full of food.

"Thanks Hailey" Shannon replied, smiling and continuing to cook. Just then I heard footsteps from upstairs.

"Do I smell... BACON AND PANCAKES!?" Jake yelled grinning ear to ear at just the thought of food.

"Heh! You must be hungry Jake!" I laughed, with Luke letting out a small chuckle. Zander was asleep on the couch, and Jake was now sitting right next to me on the kitchen island.

"Want some breakfast, Jake?" Shannon asked, handing a plate filled with food.

"Yes please!! Thank you, Shannon!" Jake beamed, taking the plate and going to town on it. In a polite way of course though. That's what I like about him. I MEAN not like THAT like... its just a teeny tiny friend crush!

"You know Jake, you and Hailey are so alike!" Shannon exclaimed and pointed at me and Jake.

"W-WhaT?" Zander said, waking up from his nap.

"Yeah!" Shannon said with a forceful smile. "I can't explain it but, you two are so compatible!"

"S-SHANNON!" I blushed. I looked over at Jake and he was as red as I was. But when I looked back at Shannon, she was SMIRKING and giving the mom look like "I know what's going on here😉"

"What! I'm just saying!" Shannon shrugged and turned off the stove.

After breakfast, I sat back in my room.

"Hailey! I'm leaving now!" Jake said as he barged into my room, falling onto my bed next to me.

"Aww" I sighed laying down next to Jake as we both gazed into the autumn sky.

"OH! You're going to miss ME?" Jake said looking at me with a teasing face. "I guess you can't resist my company, princess"

"J-JAKE! I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME THAT!" I stuttered, a hot pink blush covering my cheeks.

"I'm not gonna do that princess" he smirked. "Anyway, bye!!! OH! What grade are you in?"

"U-Um... Junior year..." I replied still flustered.

"Heh. Me too, princess. See you at school!" Jake said, closing the door and winking at me.

"NOOO AUGHHJSDOKJOASKD JOKSJK" I thought. "HE'S IN MY GRADE?! NO. NO NO NO. THIS CANT BE HAPPENING."

I couldn't believe JAKE would be in the same grade as me. He looked like he could be a senior! With hot face and how he was like 5,6... he was a small midget in elementary school! HOW COULD SOMEONE CHANGE SO MUCH IN 10 YEARS?!

I woke up on Monday to Zander screaming at my door and immediately dreading the day.

"HAILEY! WAKE UP!" He yelled.

"noo..............................................................." I yawned and got up from my warm covers. I didn't want to leave them. Why? Well it may or may not be because Jake's smell is still on it... BUT ITS JUST CAUSE ITS WARM OK?

After I put on the outfit I picked for today, A maroon jacket, light pink crew neck with a white v neck on top of it, shorts with black leggings underneath, and finally a low pony tail with my favorite star clip. (that also may or may not have a secret picture of Jake inside it...)

"HAILEY!" I heard Shannon yell as I walked down the wooden steps into the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I yelled back getting my backpack from the cubby near out front door.

"Guess what?" Shannon asked.

"What?" I replied, curious.

"SO... Mrs. Sterling-"

"OH NO. NO NO NON NON NOONON. PLEASE SHANNON PLEASE DON'T SAY IT" I thought.

"-asked if Jake could carpool to school with you guys and OF COURSE I said yes!! YAY!!" Shannon smiled but looked at me as if she said "your welcome"

"WHA- BUT WAIT MOM-"Zander said but Shannon cut him off

"ALEXANDER WHICKHAM. YOU WILL CARPOOL JAKE WEATHER YOU WANT TO OR NOT. YOU HEAR ME?"

"f-fine mom..." Zander said "I-I'll call Luke..."

As Zander dialed Luke's number on his phone, I went through my first day of school mental checklist.

- Packed Backpack? (Check!)

- Water Bottle? (Check!)

- Lunch? (Check!)

- Portable jake shrine hidden in a pencil case? (check.....)

Ok I'll admit, I am slightly ashamed of that last one, but I NEED A FRIEND ON ME AT ALL TIMES! Also, who knows if Jake will even be in any of my classes. So, its just to be careful... I think.

"Hey Hailey! Luke's here you ready?" Zander asked, shuffling to put on a grey winter coat

"Yeah, But why do you even need a winter coat Zander?" I huffed and walked out he door.

"I NEED IT OK?" Zander screeched.

"Bye Hailey! Bye Zander!" Shannon yelled after us as we walked out the door, along the drive way and into Luke's car.

I really hope this day doesn't go bad.

I didn't really know what to do for this one sorry! Hope you liked this chapter! Next, I will add suspense, drama, BLUSHING >:) and heart break?! (maybe not tho idk) Bye!