Awake

Hailey's Pov:

I opened my eyes quickly to jake shaking me awake.

"Jake!" I whispered-yelled. "What do you want?!"

"Um- I'm s-scared!" Jake said. I could see him trembling.

"Why?" I asked, sitting up and fixing my hair.

"The-the thunderstorms! Ok?!" Jake said blushing and looking down at the ground. He sat across from me on my bed, terrified and wrapped in a blanket. Suddenly, we heard a loud rumble and then...BOOM! Jake flinched and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into a tight hug.

"J-Jake?" I stuttered a hot red blush creeping onto my face. The thunder had calmed down, and as Jake opened his eyes, he immediately jumped back.

"OH, MY ROSY! I'M S-SO SORRY!" Jake said as he brushed some dust off his fluffy hair.

"It's ok Jake" I smiled and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah... thanks" Jake said as his shoulders relaxed and he exhaled.

"So... you're REALLY afraid of thunderstorms..." I asked smirking and patting on the bed sheets to tell him to sit closer.

"Y-yeah I just... saw a squirrel get hit by a lightning strike once when I was 9 and I've been afraid ever since..." Jake said shivering and flustered.

"That actually pretty adorable..." I thought.

"Sorry, it's really embarrassing... I don't want to bother you" Jake muttered looking me in the eye with his beautiful chocolate eyes.

"No! No! it's not embarrassing at all! I in fact have some pretty bad stage fright... I used to sing all the time in middle school but, this girl named Zoey bullied me so much I just couldn't preform in front of people anymore because of it..." I said. I've never told anyone about this but Zander and Luke... so, why am I telling Jake this when I barely know him? It's just something about him that makes me so relaxed...

Jake opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped. He looked down at his diamond shaped necklace and looked back up at me.

"I'm s-sorry about that." Jake awkwardly said and gave me a weak smile.

"Jake I'm so sorry, did I offend you? Oh my god I literally just met you that's why! I'm so, so-"I stuttered embarrassed, as I hid my face in my hands.

"No! it's not that... never mind... just know that I really trust you! And I'm hoping we could be friends for a... long time...?" Jake asked as I widened my eyes.

"Really? Yes, I-I would love to!" I said a little too loudly.

"Shush!" Jake whisper yelled.

Suddenly a light turned on in the hallway. Me and Jake fell dead silent. Eventually the light turned off, and we could hear a door creak and shut.

"That was close!" I whispered, turning on my side to face Jake.

But Jake just burst out in quiet laughs! "Wha- HUH?" I thought. But, if Jake was laughing, I couldn't help but laugh too. This went on for about 45 seconds. But I didn't want it to end. Jakes laugh was beautiful and made him seem just too sweet.

"Heh!" I laughed slowing down. "Jake, your laugh is so cute!"

Jake stopped laughing and looked at me with a questionable face. OH CRAP! I SAID THAT OUT LOUD?

"OMR I D-DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY THAT!" I blushed profusely.

"Ha! I guess you just enjoy my handsome and charming laugh" Jake flirted getting a little closer.

"Charming? I think you need a reality check!" I laughed, playing into whatever game Jake was, but still blushing intensely.

"Well, you didn't deny that I'm handsome!" he said, smirking and rolled back to the side of my bed awaiting my reaction.

"W-WHA! NO, I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!!" I whisper yelled, the blush spreading to all of my face, now confirming I was a hypocrite. ZANDER didn't even blush as much as I did right then.

"Haha!" Jake laughed as his head fell on my pillow.

"UGH!" I said shaking off the red tint on my face. Jake then grabbed a notebook off my nightstand.

"Hailey's Song Book!" he read which was the title of the notebook that he grabbed.

"Yeah yeah, it's my song book and- "

"Can I read it?" Jake cut me off.

"Yeah... sure!" I said. Wracking through my memories to see if there was anything embarrassing in there. Well apparently, my brain was wrong. Because when jake flipped to the 3rd page, it was bombarded with Bethany's princess stickers from last night.

"OH NO!" I thought. What was Jake going to think of me now?

"Heh... I love the decorations... princess" Jake teased, closing my book and slumping down under the blankets.

The nickname alone was enough to send me to the moon, as I blushed AGAIN.

"Jake! D-Don't call me t-that!" I stuttered as I tried to calm myself down.

"So princess, can I sleep here tonight?" Jake asked.

"W-What?" I asked.

"I just need to be close to someone because this storm won't give up... and your beds comfy" Jake said sighing and staring at the sky light.

"Oh! Uh- yeah sure..." I said as I pulled the covers over him and me. "Well... good night, Jake..."

"Good night... princess" Jake said, closing his eyes.

"Heh dork..." I thought.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! It was FULL of Jailey, so I hope you liked it! :>