Science Class

Hailey's Pov:

Monday's really were the worst. But this Monday is not even ok. Because I'm currently sitting next to Jake Sterling in yet ANOTHER awkward car ride.

"AUGH" I screamed in my head. "STUPID SHANNON!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Were here and 10 minutes early!" Luke said as we arrived at the school courtyard.

"Awesome! Thanks so much again!" Jake exclaimed, smiling while shuffling to get his schedule out of his backpack.

"Hey, so Jake! Would you like to review schedules with us?" Luke said, helping Zander get out of his seat.

"Yeah! Sure!" Jake beamed and started to walk to a bench near the high school.

I carefully walked after Jake making sure I didn't look like I was stalking him as he sat down on a picnic table. The school looked so, so empty.

"Wow. Theres no one here!" I said astonished.

"Yeah" Luke added. "When we were freshman, this place is always crowded!"

He was right. The school looked peaceful... almost TOO peaceful... It was only 7:30am... school starts at 8:00...

"HEY ZANDER! WHAT TIME IS IT?" I yelled across the field.

"UM" Zander replied while he quickly pulled out his phone. "ITS..........7:30AM!"

"Then why is no one here?" I asked myself. As if Jake read my mind, he said,

"Umm maybe your phone time is wrong? Theres a clock right...there!

I looked towards the direction of Jakes finger and there it was. A giant clock on top of the fountain in the courtyard. I quickly scanned the machine and my eyes widened.

"What is it?" Jake asked, placing down his schedule and staring at me.

"ITS-ITS 6:00?!" I yelled.

"HUH?" Zander said, finally catching up to me and Jake.

"Oh no... My phone was wrong! THAT'S WHY THERES NO ONE HERE!" I said running back to the picnic table Jake was seated at.

"Well... I guess we have time to spare..." Luke said sitting down next to Jake.

"What do we do?" Zander asked, plopping down right next to me.

"We could still review schedules..." Jake suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah... I guess... So, what do we all have for first period?" Luke asked.

"I have Science!" I spoke.

"Me too!" Zander exclaimed.

"I do too!" Luke said, jumping up and down in his seat excitedly.

"PLEASE NO. PLEASE!!!" I thought to myself as Jake opened his mouth.

"Awesome!!! Me too!" Jake said, sitting straighter on the dusty wooden picnic table.

"OH NO... NO NOOOO.. Please tell me he's not in our other classes! I can't deal with him! He's TO CUTE AUGH!" I thought. I couldn't comprehend JAKE in MY class! I'm probably just over reacting... i-I'll be fine heh...

"Oh... Great" Zander mumbled and quickly changed the subject.

After we all said our schedules, I was left in shock. The bell had finally rung, and I was going to 1/5 CLASSES WITH JAKE. And I have 7 PERIODS. SERIOUSLY?! Internally screaming, I walked with Luke, Zander, and Jake to my first period. Science.

"I hate science..." Zander mumbled when we finally arrived.

"Hey Zander, it's going to be ok! I'll be here with you!" Luke smiled.

"Love birds..." I thought, rolling my eyes. I looked over at Jake to see he was staring coldly at the corner of the room.

"Jake? Are you ok?" I asked, placing my bag on a counter top near the side of the classroom where everybody else was.

"Huh? Oh yeah! I-I'm fine!" Jake said, smiling before going back to his blank expression again. No, It wasn't blank... it was... horrified. Jakes once beautiful brown eyes had dulled and widened. Still cute of course.

"Jake... please tell me." I said.

"It-it's just that I- "Jake muttered before being interrupted by the teacher.

"Hello class! I'm Mrs. Daven!" She said. "You can just sit anywhere you'd like while I take attendance"

"Sweet!" I heard a guy say as the rest of the class split into groups. In a flash, almost everyone was seated. There were only 5 seats left. Luke and Zander sat together of course while I sat in an empty seat. Jake quickly scrambled to the left seat of me.

"Hey Jake." A boy with dark maroon hair and a black sweatshirt said as he sat next to a girl with blonde hair and pink highlights right across from us.

(Seating Chart)

A second after Jake saw him, he froze

A second after Jake saw him, he froze. His smile drooped and his pupils retracted. He had that terrified look again.

"Who is he" I thought. "And why does he make Jake so, uncomfortable..."

"Jake... you sure your ok?" I asked. He just sat there. Not responding

"Oh... riggght!" the boy scoffed. "Your still worried about that stupid 'talent show'. Freak."

"HEY! Why are you calling him a freak?!" I snapped.

"Woah woah! calm down! Jake, I didn't know you got a girl friend?" he smirked.

"I'M NOT HIS-"I said as the same time as Jake said "SHES NOT MY-"

"IS THERE TROUBLE IN THE BACK?" Mrs. Daven yelled. I felt my cheeks turn red as heads spun around to see what was happening.

"N-NO! I'm sorry Mrs. Daven..." I said sitting down.

"Listen, if you think you can go around calling jake 'freak' then you'd be wrong" I whispered.

"Tch- keep to your own business sweet cheeks" he said, then turning his head back. "Oh. And if you wanted to know, my names Drew. Maybe I'll see you in the hallways sometime."

RINGG! RINNG!

The bell had rung right after he said that. He then WINKED at me and walked off. I was left in shock at how IMMATURE this guy was, when Zander shook my shoulders.

"Hailey? HALIEY! CLASS IS OVER!" Zander shouted in my ear.

"YAH! UGH ZANDER!" I whined.

"Come on Zander, lets go." Luke said as he motioned to the door while Zander huffed a heavy sigh. "OH! Hailey, see you in 2nd period!"

"Bye!!" I waved and then turned around to Jake. People were still zipping up their bags but Jake, Jake was sat in the same spot as he'd always been. Not moving an inch.

"Jake?" I said.

"HuUh? He asked, dazed.

"Jake... never mind... come on, we have to go! PE is 2nd period!" I sighed while helping Jake pack up.

Hope you liked this chapter! IM SOOOO sorry for being so late in updating! My motivation went bye bye! heh, anyways i will try and upload every week so see you then!

Childhood Crush: A Jailey AUOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara