Confession (but it ends well this time)

Hailey's pov:

"J-Jake?" I said, stumbling over my words. I couldn't believe of all people JAKE was at the door! I was expecting my pizza...

"H-hi Hailey.." he replied.

"What do you want?" I asked, a little too harsh then I had meant to.

"Sorry," Jake mumbled, his half smile disappearing.

"No, I'm sorry!" I thought. "I didn't mean...to be mean!"

"I just... can we...talk?" He stuttered as he looked me in the eye. I sighed before reluctantly agreeing, opening the door wider for Jake to come inside. We slowly walked into my living room, and took a seat on the soft couch.

"So, Hailey..." Jake started, turning to face me. "I know your mad and I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm not mad... I'm just...embarrassed I guess" I corrected him.

"Well...I need to tell you something...related to that..." Jake mumbled.

"Oh no... you hate me don't you..." I said out loud.

"Hailey, I just wanted to say that I-" Jake raised his voice.

"Need me to stay away from you? I get it... I would too!" I started to spiral.

"Why can't I just shut up?" I thought.

I kept denying the fact that Jake might be confessing to me, I just couldn't seem to get a grip on reality. Maybe me being rejected was really taking a toll on me... suddenly, Jake shook me and yelled,

"HAILEY!"

I immediately stopped talking.

Jake's eyes softened and he looked sorry about yelling at me.

"I'm sorry Hailey I just-" Jake apologized

"You what? Please just tell me!" I interrupted him. Jake's empathy turned to anger as he placed his hands on my shoulder.

"Will you shut up and let me talk?" He snapped.

I was surprised, but in my state of mental instability, I stupidly decided to snap back,

"Why don't you make me?"

That was DUMB...really dumb.

"Oh yeah?" Jake smirked. "Maybe I will"

"Huh?" I gasped. but before I could say anything else, Jake grabbed my chin and lifted my face up to his level. He stared at me for a few seconds before cupping my cheek and gently placed his lips on mine. He was... kissing me...

What.

Was.

Happening.

DHCHIHGNXHfskysfhxhgxystycfjgfDTYOdutiDUTDutiDTUIDYIFkXjwkieGMFSRDGJCJM!NHIGVHEAEICMKNOJRHKVVHVkhvhkfIYFIUvkjfueutiuviYFTUFUivifUvu

I was so in shock that I didn't even think to kiss my crush back. It felt like I was in heaven. Jake was kissing me.

"J-jake...?" I stuttered when he pulled away. I swear I could feel my face turn red as a tomato. When my vision unblured, what I saw made me blush even more.

Jake had a goofy smile plastered his face, covered with a thick pink blush. He stared at me, speechless. But he soon turned even more red and looked very, very regretful about what he did.

"I...I....IM SO SORRY!" Jake pleaded with his face still red, in fact, even MORE red. I was certain he was in need of medical attention by the sheer amount of embarrassment oh his cute face. "I S-SHOULD'NT HAVE DONE THAT!!"