Bullying

Hailey's pov:

For the rest of the day avoided Jake as much as I could. It hurt to see his face every time I ran away. I didn't want to but, if I had stayed any longer, I would have burst into tears. And Jake can't EVER see me like that.

Finally the school day was over. I was sitting on a bench, reading my book when a hand tapped my shoulder. I turned my head to prepare to what I thought was going to be Jake, but instead I saw drew. Once again he had bothered me while I was peacefully doing nothing.

"What do you want drew." I sighed as I dropped my head back down to face my book.

"What do I want?" Drew asked as he sat down beside me. "What I want is to know why you've been avoiding Jake"

"That's none of your business." I muttered.

"Sorry, did I hear you right?" Drew said, his voice getting more aggressive. "It is my business. Jake is my friend and he's been asking everyone if they know about why you suddenly ignored him...freak"

"He's your friend? Then why does he look so uncomfortable when he sees you?"

Drew's eye brows furrowed as he opened his mouth to say something, but stopped. I didn't know why until I looked up. There he was, Jake standing behind Drew. His arms were crossed, and from my view, he looked like he was towering over me and Drew.

"Hey! Stop annoying her! She said it's none of your business!" Jake said shoving Drew "away and you're not my friend anymore! Remember?!"

"Tch...What ever freaks..." Drew mumbled before scrambling away.

"Hey... you ok?" Jake asked sitting next to me.

"Yeah. I'm fine" I said, sounding a little more rude than I had meant to.

"I'm sorry if I did anything..." Jake started. The more Jake talked to me the more ashamed I felt. I hated hated HATED just being near him... not now at least.

"OH! GOTTA GO! MY BUS I HERE" I said fighting back tears, my stomach twisted. A single tear escaped my eye as I ran from him. Why did I do that?

 "Ugh. Is this heart break? No.. no. No way. I don't love Jake, I just..." I thought as I sprinted onto the nearest bus seat. But god knows how much fear I had when I realized who I just simultaneously sat next to. Daisy.

"Nononono! Not now!" I thought.

"Hi Hailey!" Daisy smiled. I didn't know why but it felt like her smile was contagious, and I couldn't help smiling back. She always made me feel so horrible and happy at the same time. It wasn't her fault.

"H-hi Daisy" I muttered.

"Are you ok? I heard from Jake that you tried avoiding him all day after 2nd period..." she asked.

"Yeah it's just..." I paused.

"You can tell me anything Hailey, I care" she softly said, still smiling. I mean, I can't say no to her. She puts a spell on everybody. Including me.

I ended up telling her basically my entire life story. You know about my trauma and- wait I don't think you know that yet... any way,

When I got home I immediately ran up to my room. I couldn't bear being around people anymore, and zander's "Dad jokes" were not helping. As I plopped down thinking about everything that had happened today, I couldn't help but notice how bad I felt when I found out that Jake liked someone else. Was it actually love? I couldn't tell and to be honest, I didn't have enough time or energy to think about it more.

I started on my stack of homework that my teachers gave me, listening to music, and Texting Lia on my phone. It was peaceful. But even though my heart was broken, I made a promise. I would ask out Jake. Even if he liked Daisy. I needed to tell him. And soon.

ok so it's another short one. Heh. BUT I will release all these at the same time so it's really all just one big story >:] also I've been thinking about doing a pov of Jake next chapter, but tell me what you think (I'll probably still do it anyway tho) ok bye! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!