The New Music Freaks

Hailey's pov:

After the first day of school, I had calmed myself down just enough to survive school and Jake. I could talk and act like I was fine but deep down, I wasn't. I was just as distraught as I was before. But Me, Zander, Luke, and Jake have formed a friend group over the past few days even though I tried to resist. one thing we all had in common? Music. Jake and I sing, Zander played the piano, and Luke played the drums.

I woke up early on the Tuesday of the second week of school, homework was starting to be assigned and the school began to focus on clubs. There were posters, banners, signs, all asking for students to find a club they liked. But of course, the only clubs that were available were ones we didn't have interest in. We could have made our own club, but we needed six people, and we only had four.

"So what will we do?" Zander asked as me, Luke, and Jake, were all walking in the hallway to first period next to him. "We can't make our own club, and the principal needs everyone to be in one! No matter what."

"I mean we could ask other people if they're interested..." I shrugged.

"But Drew and Zoey have bullied everyone into thinking music is wrong. How will we get any people, if they think we're freaks." Zander added, his face getting a bit more brooding than he usually is just at the thought of Drew and his friends.

We all were silent.

RINGGG

The bell rang as we all made it just in time to science class. Jake sat next to me, and of course, Drew sat in front of Jake.

"Hello class! I'd like you all to turn in your assignments from Friday while you work on taking notes off your textbooks." Mrs. Daven said. 

The whole class scurried to the bookshelf in the back of the room filled to the brim with textbooks, and grabbed their books they left over the weekend. Zander brought his home to study and since Shannon told me to do the same, I also carried that giant textbook in my small backpack.

"So, Hailey!" Jake said, opening his book of "zoology 101" to the first page.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I've been thinking...about the music club and stuff? and I thought, maybe if we walked around during lunch asking people if they'd like to join our club, maybe we could get a few new friends AND club members?" Jake said, smiling.

"Augh... his smile was adorable..." I thought.

"So, what do you think?" Jake asked again, snapping me out of my fantasy's. Good. I was supposed to hate him... but since I've given it time... my heart has healed a little bit. It still, hurt to see Jake talk to Daisy, but they say, 'if you love someone, let them go."

"Uh yeah! I think it's a great idea!" I said, smiling.

Jake's eyes lit up as grinned from ear to ear. "Thanks Hailey!"

"No problem!" I beamed. If Jake was smiling, I couldn't help but smile too.

~Later~

Me and Jake went around asking people if they would be interested in our music club but, to Jake's surprise, no one wanted to. We were about to give up hope when a girl with electric pink hair and a boy with a blue hoodie and headphones walked up to us.

"Hey! Are you guys' Hailey and Jake?" The boy asked.

"Uh- yeah?" I replied, suspicious.

"Great! People have told us that you're trying to start a music club!" He smiled.

"And we wanna join!" The girl said excitedly.

"Yes! See, I told you this would work princess!" Jake said, smirking at me.

"Stop calling me that! Sorry, what are your names?" I asked, blushing.

"My name is Sean and I love producing music and soundtracks!" The boy said, his hands in his pockets.

 "And my names Milly! I play the electric guitar!" The girl added.

"Nice! I'm Jake and that's Hailey, we both sing but Hailey can do anything when it comes to music!" Jake exclaimed, leaving me a bit flustered from the compliment.

"So, when's practice?" Milly asked.

"Oh! I actually didn't think about that... sorry, could I get your numbers so I can text you the details later?" I asked, searching for my phone in my bag.

"Yeah sure!" Sean replied, taking out his phone from his pocket.

After we all exchanged phone numbers, me and Jake left to go sit with Zander and Luke. We told them about everything, and I went home feeling exhausted from all the planning. I had to set up times, talk to the principle, find a room to practice in, and more that I couldn't remember.

"This is going to be a long week." I sighed at the end of the day, tucking myself under the covers, and falling asleep.

Hiii! Hope you liked these chapters so far! Lots more planning for Hailey next chapter, so tune in every Friday when I update! Sometimes even multiple times! God that sounded like an add. Anyways, I'll see you in the next chapter! Bai <33