New Friend

Haileys Pov:

"So, Hailey," Luke said.

"What?" I replied.

"What do girls do at sleep overs?" He asked.

"Wha- ....do.... girls do at sleep overs?" I repeated, a little bewildered at Lukes request.

"Yeah! I want to know, so we can all have a fun sleep over!" Luke beamed.

"Um... I guess we paint nails, play party games, watch movies... talk......." I said, avoiding the obvious thing that I didn't want Luke to know.

"About boys...." I muttered quickly.

"OH! We could do that one!" Luke suggested as if he heard what I had said. But, of course, I had to clarify.

"Which one?" I asked in a worried tone, my stomach clenching.

"Talking about boys of course!" Luke said as the moment he finished talking, Zander whipped his head around.

"WHAT?" Zander screeched.

"Yeah! It's a great way to bond and earn each other's trust and, I think it's a good idea!" Luke smiled.

"Hmmfp! No way..." Zander huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Come on! Pretty please????" Luke pleaded, pulling his puppy dog eyes on Zander. He knew Zander LOVES puppies. I mean, he has a weekly puppy show that he REFUSES to miss! even if it's the day I get my braces off...

But I also didn't agree with Luke. Sure, it is a way to bond with each other... but the true reason was that I would be pressured into talking about Jake... and I might accidently spill about how I've had a crush on him for years... and that I have a box of pictures from his Instagram... BUT they will NEVER, EVER, know about that.

Time flew by once again and soon I realized it was already 7:30pm. Me and Zander usually stay up till 10:00pm since its summer, but now, Shannon and dad changed it to 9:00pm for school.

"Guys! It's already 7:32pm! We have only like, 2 hours!!" I yelled, stopping Zander and Luke's fight.

"Ok, so we going to do the gossip thing?" Zander asked unamused by the red blush that covered my face when he said it.

"F-fine..." I muttered under my breath.

"Ok, let's go in a circle and share our crushes!" Luke said. "I'll go first, then Zander, then Hailey!"

"So, my crush is a childhood friend since forever, and I think I...... love him" Luke said quietly.

Zander looked flushed and jealous at the same time. Was he...hm...fealous? No... I don't know, someone needs to make up a word for that!

"Mine is also a c-childhood friend... and I love him... too" Zander said, blushing intensely. Trust me, it was A LOT of bright pink! I don't even know if that is physically possible but whatever. Zander looked down and Luke looked at me, expecting me to start confessing. "This is too awkward!" I thought as I just sat on the couch with Zander and Luke beside me.

"Are you going to tell us?" Zander said annoyed but still considerate, finally lifting his head up. I swear this boy was a mix of everything!

I was about to finally spit it out, but I was suddenly interrupted by the doorbell. "THANK GOD!" I thought and quickly ran to open the door as Zander and Luke sighed behind me.

"We will never know..." Zander said.

"Yeah..." Luke agreed.

I opened the door to see Jake standing there, drenched in water as it started thundering pretty badly out there.

"Jake! Are you ok?" I asked as I motioned him to come inside.

"Thanks! I'm fine, I just have a question..." Jake said as he smiled and stepped in.

"What? For who?" I asked a bit worried.

"Just Mrs. Wickham, you see- "Jake said before Shannon ran from the kitchen to greet Jake.

"Oh my gosh! Jake! Your soaked! Let me get you a towel!" She said, running to the closet.

"So, what do you want?" I asked.

"Umm- this I going to sound weird but.... Could I maybe... stay at your place for the night?" Jake said, getting a little flushed from the request. He bit his lip as I stood there thinking about it. "it's just, that my mom is leaving to have a date with her new boyfriend and milo is staying at a friend's house so... I'm all alone... and I... really d-don't like thunderstorms..." Jake added.

"Aww he doesn't like thunderstorms? That's adorable. I MEAN just maybe the slightest bit... cute" I thought.

"Umm... I mean I'd be happy to but, I need to ask Shannon." I replied as I turned around to see Shannon holding a towel right behind me.

"AH!" I yelped, flinching back and bumping into Jake.

"MOM!" I screamed scrambling up to my feet. I could feel my face blushing as I looked away. Oh my god... his hair was so... soft... and did I feel ABS?! NO NONONOOOON NO. STOP IMAGINING THINGS HAILEY! THIS IS GETTING STALKER-ISH!

"Really? Thank you so much Mr. Wickham!" Jake smiled and wrapped the towel around his coat.

Had I zoned out again? I probably had... UGH I can't stop thinking about him! Why is he circling my thoughts? With his fluffy hair and beautiful chocolate eyes I get lost in.... NO! NO NO NO NO. I need to stop! He probably likes someone else anyway.

"So, you're staying?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Yeah! But I don't know where to sleep... I could sleep in the basement?" He suggested. pointing to the rusty door that was labeled "BAsSEMNT" by Bethany in a drippy font.

"No way!" Shannon interrupted, "Jake, you can't sleep in there! It's cold and dirty!"

"Then where will I sleep?" Jake asked "I don't want to be a burden..."

"Of course, you're not Jake!" I said "were you'll sleep though? Well... Lukes sleeping in Zanders room, so that only leaves my- "I paused before finishing, realizing what I had suggested. Butterflies entered my stomach hoping no one heard. But of course, Jake did.

"y-your room?" he asked as a pink blush creeped onto his face.

"PERFECT!" Shannon yelled, smirking at the two of us. "Jake you could sleep on Hailey's two bean bags!"

No no no no!" I thought. How was I supposed to spend the night with JAKE in my room?

"O-ok! Thanks again Mrs. Whickham!" Jake said and bowed dramatically.

"Heh! Of course, Jake we would love to help out and just call me Shannon" She smiled as she curtsied equally as dramatic as Jake had done.

"So, what do I do now?" Jake asked, taking off his shoes and hanging up his dark blue jacket.

"Well, me, Zander, and Luke were just about to play party games! Wanna join?" I said smiling and pointing to the living room.

"Yeah!" jake agreed.

"Ok, come on!" I said, unknowingly grabbing Jake's hand and leading him to the living room where Luke and Zander were huddled in a blanket blushing. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Jake who was blushing too. "Why is he blushing?" I thought.

"Um H-Hailey?" Jake asked, "could you let go of m-my h-hand now?"

I looked down and immediately felt red from embarrassment as I quickly pulled away. AHH WHY DID I DO THAT? And why did It feel... nice? AUGH IM BEING STUPID! STUPID STUPID!

"U-UM COME ON LETS J-JUST PLAY A GAME" I blurted and sat down. Jake sat down next to me on the floor because Luke and Zander were taking up the whole couch.

"Let's start!" Luke said.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I tried to add as much Jailey as I could :> Don't worry next chapter will be filled with blushing heeheeheh >:)