Twister

Hailey's Pov:

"NO WAY. This can't be happening to me!" I thought.

"Done!" Luke said, breathing a sigh of relief. "Twister is going to be so fun!!!"

Yes, I know what you're thinking. TWISTER IS THE DEVIL'S GAME. I think it too, but Zander and Luke convinced me and Jake to play. ALONE... heh "oh god this is going to be a long night" I muttered under my breath.

Me and Jake walked to opposite sides of the mat. I looked across and Jake had the cutest determined expression! I MEAN UH- friend...cute.

"OK! Let's go!" Luke said making a pretend air horn sound and spinning the wheel.

"Left foot green!" Zander said as me and Jake put our foot on the closest green spot. So far so good. Wait... why am I even this worried about TWISTER? Its literally just a game Hailey. Luke spined the arrow again.

"Right hand red!" Zander yelled as I flinched at how loud he had said it. I looked around for the nearest red and quickly slapped my hand on it, leaving Jake with the red farthest away from him. And behind my hand too....... Oh crap.

Jake blushed before struggling to put his hand on red and almost falling. I had a heart attack! He CANT fall on me and I CANT fall on him! That would make the whole situation so awkward! AHHHH WHY DID I GET BAITED INTO THIS!!

"ooOOOO! I can choose whatever I want?" Zander smirked as Luke sighed knowing what was going to happen. "heh. Hailey, right foot blue." Zander said still smirking.

I sighed a breath of relief... surely Zander wouldn't want me to fall on Jake! He hated me being near boys! But something told me that Zander had a change of heart.

"And... Jake, left hand....green" (if you can't imagine this, just know that jake will be going under Hailey near her leg...)

"OH NO... ZANDER PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN!" I thought, silently praying to the gods of mother rosy that I wouldn't get put in the most uncomfortable situation I could think of.

Jake slowly placed his hand near my left leg which was still on green. He was under me. I could feel the red blush on his ears and cheeks as I tried my hardest not to fall. "I can do this. I WONT fall on Jake! I can do this, I can do this, I can do this..." I thought to myself. But Zander decided to take his sweet time just standing and smirking at me.

I couldn't get out of this. Earlier today when me and Zander were making plans, I bet 1 dollar that I wouldn't fall down in twister... I think now I know why Zander was stalling as much as possible...

I could soon feel my legs getting tired and numb from Jake just being under me. "I can't last much longer Zander! SPIN THE WEEL UGH!" I yelled. Zander, of course, did nothing and I started to sweat near my feet.

"OH NO MY FEET ARE SLIPPING AHHHHHHH!" I screamed in my thoughts just excepting my fate. I was going to fall on my crush no matter what. And soon enough I felt my grip slip, as I went tumbling onto Jakes back.

"HAH! I WIN!" Jake said kicking his legs. Did he not realize I was on top of him!?! As if he heard my thoughts, Jake blushed. Hard.

Luke let out small chuckles, nudging zander who did not look effected. Zander was smirking and holding his hand out.

I quickly jumped off of Jake and grew red from embarrassment as I handed over the cash to Zander. AUGH WHY DID THAT HAVE TO HAPPEN TO MEEEEEeeeeEEEeEEe.

"I'm really sorry Jake!" I apologized, whipping my head around to see a flustered Jake lost in his thoughts. Was he thinking about... ME? No way... get your mind out of the gutter Hailey!

"Uh... I-its ok Hailey" he smiled looking at me with a gleam in his light brown eyes.

"SOOO Hailey!" Luke asked beaming at me and Jake.

"What?" I said.

"You going to help me clean up? I ordered pizza!! And it's here ;)" Luke said, as he walked towards the door. I ran towards the living room, quickly cleaning up the crinkly mat.

"I LOVE PIZZA!" Jake screeched jumping up and down. Jake really was deceiving... from first glance he seems like the bad boy type but really... he's kind of... adorable... After eating the pizza, me and jake ran up to my room to get this night over with.

"So! Welcome to my humble abode!" I said sitting on my bed which had a skylight above it with the moon shining on my blankets. I quickly moved over my chair and bean bags to make a small bed and threw some covers over it for Jake to sleep on.

"Wow... I didn't know you were so RICH!" Jake said in amazement.

"Heh... thanks" I said blushing a little.

"So... what do you want to do?" Jake asked, plopping down on my bed next to me.

"Umm well its 9:00 so I guess we go to sleep..." I said.

"Oh....um... ok!" Jake said, looking a little down as he got off my bed and sat down on the makeshift one.

"Well, this is awkward..." I thought. "Did jake WANT to do something with me?"

Flustered, I rested my head on my pillow, turning my lights off. How was I going to sleep like this! Especially with my crush in the same room. As the sun set, I started to drift off into a dream.

I woke up in a small room on a couch. Where was I? The room had a big window to the side of the accent rose wallpaper that were ripped, showing the brick wall behind it.

"Augh... it smells like grandma in here..." I scowled, plugging my nose.

"DON'T SAY THAT ABOUT ME!" a boy said behind me. I turned around and saw Zander as a ghost floating right in front of the window.

"AH! ZANDER?!" I screeched, slowly approaching him.

"Yeah it's me" Zander scoffed and went on to say, "I AM THE GHOST OF THE FUUuuUUUuUuTURE!"

"Tch. Yeah, right Zander" I rolled my eyes. He ignored me and floated to the window, gesturing to me to stand beside him. I walked up to the window when suddenly, Zander grabbed my arm and pulled me through it!

"WHATS HAPPENING?!?" I screeched as I passed out and woke up on a field of grass. As I opened my eyes, I saw the entrance to Rose meadow high school. But no Zander.

"Zander?" I yelled, my voice echoing in my ears. But Zander didn't answer. Instead, I saw a girl that looked quite familiar...

"Wait... that's.... that's ME!" I said in disbelief. "But how is this happening??!"

"Jake!" the Hailey yelled, running towards a Jake that appeared right before me.

"Yeah Hailey?" Jake said as he turned around to face Hailey. Wow... even dream Jake was cute. The Hailey then started to blush as she cleared her throat

"Ahem... uh-.... Jake so, I need to tell you something..." the Hailey asked blushing even more.

"Wait... was she- I mean I- I mean WE... are we going to confess to Jake??!??!" (foreshadowing?!) I screeched, flustered and intrigued.

"I- I've always.... liked you Jake..." the Hailey stuttered as both of the people blushed. But suddenly, the Jake's expression got dark... and with that, the whole world got darker too.

"I'm sorry Hailey... But... I can't return your feelings. I-I Like someone else..." Jake said as he disappeared, leaving the Hailey to fall on her knees crying while everybody started laughing at her.

My eyes widened as I processed what had just happened. "Jake d-doesn't like m-me?" I thought.

The whole world collapsed on me until it was pure darkness. Zander appeared and I ran to him, leaving trails of tear drops with every step.

"ZANDER!" I sobbed. Zander sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"He really won't like me huh" I sniffed, pulling away. As I wiped my tears, I heard someone screaming my name.

"HAILEY! HAILEY! WAKE UP!" I heard them scream.

Hope you liked this chapter!! I've been trying to write more often, and it's been hard (that's what she said) But all of the reads I've been getting makes me smile and want to keep writing! Thanks!