Confession

Hailey's pov:

"J-Jake! What are you doing here!" I mumbled.

"Oh just taking the scenic route to Luke's house...looks like you thought the same thing!" Jake smiled as we both started walking down the dirt path.

"Yeah... I guess so..." I said. We were silent for the next minute, walking slowly to the sounds of crickets. 

"It's a beautiful night huh?" I said.

"Yeah... almost as beautiful as you princess" Jake smirked, causing me to blush. It had seemed as if that fight had never happened... something wasn't right.

"Wait... why is Jake so... Jake-ey all of a sudden? Did he just completely forget that relationship changing argument we had like... an hour ago?" I thought... I just couldn't believe it.

The area was silent once more with Jake peacefully walking next to me as I questioned every muscle movement he made to find out if he was mad at me or not.

"Jake..." I asked.

"Yeah?" Jake said, turning his head twoards me. His elegance was almost enough for me to question what I was going to ask... almost.

"Why are you acting weird..." I asked him. He looked confused as to why I asked him that.

"What? I'm not acting weird." He said, slightly laughing.

"Yeah... you are... I just can't believe that you'd be perfectly normal after the way I blew up on you..." I muttered, facing away from him.

"Oh... yeah... " Jake said, his eyes darkening a little. "I don't know... it just seemed like you had a bad day...And I just couldn't stay mad at you." 

"Really?" I said, stunned and flustered.

"Yeah, I guess so" Jake replied, shrugging.

"Well... thanks Jake..." I said.

"Sure......princess" he joked. Jake always lightened the mood when he was around me. But I still couldn't shake the fact that he really just forgave me, just like that... I mean, I wouldn't have.

"Hey Hailey?" Jake asked.

"What?" I said.

"If you asked me a question, can I ask you one too?" He said, looking into my dark eyes.

"Um...s-sure!" I exclaimed.

"I do forgive you but... what did you mean back in the club room when you said 'what do you think' like when I asked you why you were so mad at Daisy? I... was thinking about it for a while..." he asked.

I was stunned. Frozen. I couldn't answer that... I can't lie to him...but he's basically asking me to confess...

"Hey you don't have to tell me... I'd just really like to know." He reassured me. But I couldn't process what he had said. 

"After all this time... I should confess right? Just get it over with... but... ugh, I can't do that!" I thought. My eyes dulled. 

"I-.... I.... I can't tell you..." I stuttered.

"Please?" Jake pleaded, his brown eyes twinkling at me in the moonlight.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said, a little irritated.

"No..." Jake said.

"How have you not noticed?" I said my voice raising.

"I-I don't know it's just that you'd always-"

"Jake!" I yelled, shutting him up. " ISNT IT OBVIOUS? I-I....I LIKE YOU."

Jake's eyes widened and he stepped back.

"Yeah, your a really good friend-" he started to say.

"NO JAKE. I like-like you." I said.

"Oh." He said. 

"What did i just do?" I thought, realizing I had just told Jake I liked him. "What if he hates me?"

"I-I cant... think right now..." Jake stuttered, looking into the sky wide eyed, blushing heavily.

"Oh... I'm so so sorry... I- I shouldn't have said that..." I laughed, holding back tears.

"Wait! Hailey!" Jake yelled. But it was too late. He had rejected me. 

I ran as fast as I could, hot tears trickling down my face. The cold wind, disappearing from the air, leaving me sweating... I could have sweared the world was double global warming right now, but, it was just me... as I felt my face turn red with embarrassment.

"Why did I do that...why.."  i sobbed, sprinting down the path my former friend and I had just walked through.

"Why why why why" I kept repeating those words. With every step came a new tear each holding my hopes for ever being with Jake. Splattered on the muddy ground from the now pouring rain which was once a sprinkle.

When I finally reached my house, I ran through the door, sprinted up stairs, and plopped on my bed. Exhausted, I layed my head down on my pillow. I broke into tears. 

I'm not going to Luke's house tonight...

OMG what a roller coaster 😳 y'all I did not expect for this to be so angst filled! Anyways, I know you didn't, but I hoped you liked this chapter!!!! For the next one, I have a hint

Jake x suffering = what? JUFFERINGGGGGGGGG

That's ur hint bye ;)