CHAPTER 23

Pandora

The next day was supposed to be our departure to the Acidlife festival. Honestly, after the days Jaden had vanished, I suspected the festival plan had fallen through. I had no intention of going just with my brother.

Firstly, I couldn't bear spending so much time with him. And secondly, we'd probably kill each other on the way.

When I get to the kitchen, Travis is already talking to Mom. A large backpack sits at his feet. Both their eyes follow me, and Mom asks as if it's the most normal thing in the world:

"Do you want to go with your brother to this festival?"

I look at Travis as if he's just sprouted an extra pair of arms.

What has gotten into him?

My gaze bounces between the two like a ping-pong ball. My brother theatrically squints at me, nodding towards the watch on his wrist.

"Y-Yes," I croak out, my voice hoarse.

Possibly from the flood of emotions running through me.

"Then go get some clothes already," Travis says in an annoyed tone.

Before I head back upstairs, I make sure to show him theatrically how I roll my eyes. My dear brother discreetly flips me the middle finger.

I shake my head.

Once in my room, I search for a backpack to stuff three t-shirts and pants into. I reconsider and pull out a pair of pants, replacing it with a blue plaid skirt, smirking to myself.

Looking around cautiously, as if Mom might barge in, I head to my underwear drawer. A devilish smile appears on my lips when I find what I'm looking for. At the bottom of the drawer lies a dark pink bra from Victoria's Secret.

Last year, I had a kind of bra crisis. All I had were those boring ones Mom bought. Out of curiosity, I ordered one online, which came with some lace panties.

I knew I wouldn't be wearing it for someone anytime soon. But still, I ordered it because it was gorgeous.

Is it a bad idea?

I'm not planning to have sex with Jaden yet. But I wouldn't resist anymore if he wants to take my shirt off.

I nod to myself and snatch just the bra. I put it on and, looking in the mirror, see that my breasts look twice as usual, probably because of the push-up.

Since I have to pass by Mom, I pull on a hoodie. One I'll make sure to take off in the car.

After finishing packing, I go downstairs. Travis is on the couch, and my heart nearly leaps out of my chest at the sight of his friend. They sit next to each other.

Jaden practically devours me with his eyes as I approach them.

"I'm ready," I tell my brother, in a bored tone.

To complete the little theater scene we both play for Mom, I start tapping my foot. Travis throws me a sour look and stands up. Jaden lags behind as his friend walks out the door. Mom heads back to the kitchen.

"Morning," he then says, extending a hand towards me.

"Hi."

We look at each other for a few seconds. Then, like animals, we rush towards each other. His fingers tighten around my hair strands, pulling hard. He crashes his mouth against mine, stealing my breath.

Our lips intersect, devouring each other.

After a few seconds, I push him away and step back. Gasping, I scan frantically for any sign of Mom. I calm down, realizing we haven't been caught.