Chapter forty-one

Começar do início

It was a shock for one of the Warriors to knock on Rolus' door to announce that he had a visitor. The Pack was buzzing when Luke showed up with about twenty Pack warriors, demanding that Rolus hand over the Pack. If he didn't agree, then a fight would ensure.

To say that Rolus was stupefied was an understatement. In fact, the whole Pack was shocked. When Sierra spoke on behalf of Rolus to refuse handing over the Pack, Luke had smiled wickedly and left with the promise of coming back.

After he left, Rolus was left with an angry Pack. They were angry that their second Alpha had declared war against them.

Rolus hadn't thought of a response to his Pack for when the time came that Luke completely forgot. It was a week later that Rolus came up with an answer. He let his Pack know that this was part of the Clonmel twin's condition. That there was a possibility of the twins forgetting their mates from time to time. It didn't take much to convince the Pack, however, it took much to beg his Council to let go.

Since then, Rolus never had the heart to see his mate. In the past year, he's never had contact with his mate. Sometimes he could feel Luke through the mate bond when the Alpha was at the border causing trouble.

Rolus had the indescribable need to show his face and see his mate, but he knew that he would break when he saw Luke's eyes that didn't hold any recognition of his mate.

In fact, Rolus has never trekked outside his Pack. Sierra was the one going on trips in his stead.

He also avoided Luke's Pack as much as he could. He didn't want them poking and asking questions. He knew that if they could, Luke's Council would question him about their Alpha's behavior.

He avoided them at all cost. On the other hand, he did write Council Magdeline a letter detailing what Robert did. He also did request that if they knew of the cure, to please assist his mate. He wrote the letter two weeks ago. All along, he didn't have the courage to recall what happened. He still awaited the reply and hoped that maybe she would know of the cure.

The letter was delivered by Sierra and Theo. Rolus didn't have a choice but to tell his Beta of how the Netlac was administered on his mate. He didn't go into the specifics, but told her just enough. He told her with the hope that maybe she knew of the cure. She didn't, but said that she would ask around. She's been gone for the two weeks. She did email him her progress, which was nonexistent at the moment.

Rolus was fretting. It was the Annual Pack Meeting season. At this point, everyone knew that the two Alphas were mates. He dreaded questions from the other Alphas. He also dreaded seeing his mate so close, yet so far away.

"I didn't mean to pressure you, but surely you must understand that us not retaliating is foolish," Charlotte tried to convince.

Rolus understood that well. Maybe if he could get Luke's demands, then he would decide if it'll be worth it to retaliate. At least they didn't have any casualties, yet.

A week later, Rolus was forced by his Council to confront the other Alpha. Three members of the Pack died because of the Black Moon. It was a sad week for the Pack, and they were justified to also be angry at his mate. Hell, he was also mad at Luke.

Rolus was not comfortable going to the Black Moon Pack, so he requested the other Alpha to meet at a neutral territory.

Rolus was with Zayn, Charlotte and six Warriors. He was anxious and distracted. It would be the first time in a year since he would
see his mate, and he was worried that he might react badly in front of him. He was also worried to see the people he would bring. Everyone from Black Moon knew him and their affiliation. He didn't want to see pity on their faces. He didn't want to see the familiar faces he's come to adore, or Peter, who would surely corner him to ask questions.