Chapter twenty-four

Luke got held up. He called Rolus early in the morning that he would only be able to make it at around two in the afternoon.

Rolus thought, fine, he could tolerate the pain until then. He awoke with discomfort, the longing too much to handle. It seemed like the longer he spend time with his mate, the harder it was to separate.

Apparently, Luke forgot to mention that he was leaving his Pack and going on errands. Rolus knew the amount of pain Luke being at his Pack felt like. And he knew the moment Luke went a distance away from his Pack.

He cursed the other Alpha for forgetting to mention that. Charlotte found him curled up on his bed, sweat sliding down his face and groans of pain filling the room.

"The matter?" she asked, coming into his open bedroom, placing the back of her hand on his forehead. "You didn't catch anything on your trip, right?"

Rolus snorted, but regretted it because of the pressure he exerted. "I'm dying."

Charlotte glared, saying, "Don't joke about things like that."

"But I am," he insisted. That earned him a slight shove from Charlotte. "It's that Luke!"

Charlotte raised a brow. "What about Luke? What did he do?"

Rolus rolled, lying on his stomach, his head raised to look Charlotte in the eye. "What about Luke?"

"You said he's causing you the pain you're in. I want to know why you think so." Charlotte had that curious glint in her eye that said she won't leave the conversation until she got a satisfactory answer.

Rolus cursed under his breath, but the momentary distraction was working. He didn't focus on the pain that much. "Can you please call Sierra?"

"Why? I swear you two are keeping secrets from the rest of us. Don't you trust us?" Charlotte asked, her hands on her hips.

Rolus had the urge to roll his eyes, but refrained. "I do trust you all. There's nothing to tell, and I'm not keeping any secrets."

"Then what's this talk of you finding a replacement mate in Luke's Pack? Is that why you frequented there?"

Rolus groaned, sliding off the bed. His knees hit the ground, whilst he let his head balance on the bed. "Yes, I'm getting a replacement mate from Black Moon Pack." If all went well with Tamera.

Charlotte pursed her lips, the hurt palpable.

Rolus was not ready to tell his Council that Luke was his mate and they came up with the most ridiculous idea of making Tamera his replacement.

Charlotte didn't look like she believed him, but didn't say anything. "Should I bring your lunch in here? Or you're joining us downstairs?"

Rolus sighed, standing up. "I'm joining you. Not that I have a choice with Zayn complaining that I've been abandoning the Pack," he muttered, going to the bathroom to make himself presentable.
___________

After lunch, Rolus went back to the confines of his room to listen to himself. He cursed Luke to the moon and back, already feeling the pain of him going further away. He did try to call, but the bastard was not answering.

The Pack Doctor gave him something for the pain, but it was not working. At this point, he was going to drop dead before Luke showed his face. The kind of pain he felt was blinding.

His breaths were shallow, coming out like he ran a marathon. Charlotte was dabbing his face with a cool cloth, trying to reduce his fever.

"I'm going to kill that fucking Luke!" he gritted out. He's been chanting that the whole time, being colorful with his insults.