Chapter twenty-seven

The moment Rolus left with Tamera, Luke's parents came to his office. His mother sat on the couch, and his father came to sit in front of him.

"Your Beta gave us a brief of what's going on. You want your Delta to be Rolus' Luna?" Samson asked, tilting his head.

Luke did not have the energy for whatever this was. "Yes. I'm already unsettled as it is."

"So, you're rejecting your mate?"

Luke wished the person in front of him was just an ordinary person, and not his father. He held back the need to snap. "He's rejecting me."

"Oh? Can't be rejecting you if you're forcing your Delta to have a relationship with him," Samson countered, frowning.

Luke glanced at his mother. She just stared back at him. He averted his eyes. "Father, do you think I would want them to have a relationship if I had a choice? Do you think I, your son, who doesn't even feel the mate bond, and lucky to even have a mate that was generous enough to let me know that he was my mate, would be happy to trade said mate for anything else? Do you think I had a choice?" It was hard to control his anger now. He was frustrated with everything.

"Why didn't you have a choice?" his mother asked, standing up. She came over to the table, putting a hand on her mate's shoulder.

"Mother, I can't tell you until I get permission from Rolus."

His mother nodded, face still impassive.

"Then I guess we will have to pay your mate a visit then. I'm sure he would be delighted to tell us the reason why he wants to kill our son," his mother said, looking at his father.

Luke grit his teeth, exasperated. That's why he didn't want his parents involved. They would probably try to scare Tamera off.

"Father, please talk to Mother. You can't get involved in this. Rolus and I made the decision and we thought it best to continue with the plan."

His father glared. "You guys both agree it is alright to risk your life? Let me tell you something. The moment your mate finalizes things with your Delta, it's over for you. Your wolf will get the brunt of your stupid decision, and you will not be fit to continue being Alpha. Is this what you're willing to risk? If you don't want to think about yourself, then think about your Pack!"

Luke was tired of explaining himself as if he had a choice! Rolus was not willing to give him a choice at all. "I need some rest." Luke stood up, leaving his parents.

He knew it was scary for them to imagine losing another child, but they were not going to lose him. He didn't have the mate bond, and the mate bond is the one that finished them if they were rejected. He was going to be alright. That's what he thought, tried to convince himself.

_______

He received a call from Perez later on in the day. He had managed to secure an online meeting with his parents. They were willing to listen to him.

Perez assured him that his parents were kind and understanding. Luke snorted at that. He couldn't imagine where else Perez got his attitude and way of life from.

Perez was ruthless. The man didn't have a heart. Well, to the people that were not close to him. Even though Perez was kind and cheery around Luke, he didn't portray that to outsiders.

Luke thanked him, hoping that when his parents called, he would be prepared enough to grovel. No, not grovel. Be prepared enough to convince them to eradicate the ruthless punishment.

The time after that seemed to drag on endlessly because he was avoiding his parents. They didn't understand because they did not know what was at stake.