Chapter five

The moment Rolus' wolf awakened, the Pack felt it. There was a heaviness in the air whenever Rolus entered a room. The Pack felt the connection between them and their Alpha stronger, and he demanded respect without even saying a word. It was his wolf gaining back control, telling them who was Alpha and that he was back.

It was a week later that Rolus had a Pack meeting and announced the big news. The Pack was elated. The mood was lighter, even the Elders of the Pack wore smiles. It was going to be a feast before even Rolus announced it.

Sierra was the one who suggested that they have a party, and a hunt. It's been a year since they've gone hunting, with the hunt being led by their Alpha.

Rolus didn't even object. He was happy that his wolf was back, and he felt rejuvenated, energy surging through his veins.

"Are you even listening to me?" Sierra asked, frowning.

Rolus nodded. "Yes, yes. Go ahead with the preparations."

Sierra raised a brow. She pushed the papers in front of her aside, still staring at him.

"What?"

"I said, should I invite the Black Moon Pack?"

"For what?" Rolus frowned.

"For the party. I'm planning on inviting the neighboring Packs. We have to celebrate, but at the same time, show them that you have become strong again, especially to that Black Moon Alpha. It will be good, I promise."

Rolus sighed, not keen on seeing Luke again. The idea of him fratenising with Perez was unsettling to say the least. What if they were planning something? Luke was a scorned man. He still held revenge in his heart. He was in pain and unpredictable.

"I'm not too sure about inviting Alpha Luke," Rolus replied.

"We'll have tight security. Charlotte will make sure that her Warriors do their best in ensuring everyone's safety," she said, trying to convince him. It was their chance to prove to Alpha Luke that Rolus was back to his good health and he should not be messed with.

"Fine."

"Yes! Okay. Saturday we will have the party, and on Sunday night, we will have our hunt. And I'm thinking it to be two weeks from now. I'll have Zayn work on the invitations and I'll go to deliver some of them myself. I'll tell Zayn to run the invitations by you first before I deliver them. How does that sound?"

"It's fine, but I don't think everyone will be able to make it since it was short notice."

Sierra nodded, standing up and collecting the papers. "I know. But I'm sure they'll want to come see for themselves that you are alright."

Rolus sighed, unsettled with the party Sierra was organizing. He was not ready to deal with Luke and his endless questions about the mate issue. He knew that Luke was ready to ruin his life. Afterall, he did threaten to tell Sierra about his rejection.

A knock on the door disturbed Rolus from his thoughts. Before he could reply, the door was pushed open. Charlotte strutted in, her bangs clinging to her forehead due to her sweat.

Rolus stood up, and sat on his table, crossing his arms. "How was practice?"

Charlotte groaned, throwing herself on the chair and leaning against it. "Horrible. A fight broke out that had one of the teenagers injured."

"That sounds... tiring?"

Charlotte glared at Rolus, who in turn chuckled. "I see you're feeling better now. What changed?" she asked.

"Nothing," Rolus defended. Charlotte raised a brow at that.

"You saying nothing makes me even more curious. What happened? You and Si have been acting funny these last few weeks, and then bang, your wolf is back. I'm happy that it is back, but how?"