Chapter XVII

3 Months Later (Mid Dec.)

Christmas was quickly approaching as Landon sat in the Rolex store with Malachi. The alpha and omega both sat on the emerald green leather couch of the luxury store. Malachi flipped through the catalog of watches while sipping champagne. Landon sat quietly beside Malachi patting his swollen stomach gently while looking around the store from where he sat.

Landon wanted to get a nice Christmas present for Charlie.

While Landon and Charlie weren't the best of friends, the beta and omega had grown much closer during the pregnancy than they had anticipated.

Charlie visited more and stayed longer than usual. The beta was usually quick to leave whenever the omega was around but now that was not the case. The two had a lot more in common than they had thought. Their conversations even branched out to baby names, Landon's masters program and even relationships.

Landon wanted to get him a watch as a small thank you for all the help he had offered and for being there for the omega during his pregnancy. The omega had brought it up to Malachi who believed getting the beta a Rolex would be the best choice.

As Malachi flipped through the book of watches one watch in particular caught Landon's eye. The omega quickly placed his hand on the page of the book to stop Malachi from moving past it.

The omega took the book from Malachi and stared at the photo of the watch. It was a timeless and beautiful piece. It was simple yet elegant, it was definitely the perfect watch for someone like Charlie. Landon looked at the name of the watch, Rolex Oyster Perpetual.

"What about this one?" Landon asked Malachi as he pointed at the watch.

The alpha looked over the watch concentration furrowing his brows before calling his concierge over, asking to see the physical watch.

"Why the Oyster Perpetual?" Malachi questioned Landon as the omega excitedly waited for the concierge to bring back the real watch.

Landon thought for a second, "I'm not sure, I feel like it's very Charlie. Classy and pretty." the omega replied.

Malachi chuckled at the unexpected answer, "Classy and pretty?" He echoed thinking about Charlie, "Pretty, sure, I don't know about classy."

"You think Charlie is pretty?" Landon asked with a playful pout, making the alpha burst out in laughter at the omega.

Landon smiled at Malachi; watching the alpha laugh at his teasing made butterflies flutter in the omega's stomach.

"Charlie may be pretty not prettier than me." Landon said with a smile.

"No one is prettier than you." Malachi said as he placed a hand on Landon's small belly, "You'll always be the prettiest." the alpha whispered, placing a gentle kiss on Landon's lips.

The urge to take Landon in the store grew as Malachi tried to deepen the kiss but Landon backed away. Green eyes hazy with lust stared into brown eyes glazed over with the same sentiment.

"We're in public Malachi." Landon breathed quietly, almost whispering it.

"Let's give them a show." the alpha replied as he broke eye contact to stare at the omega's lips.

Malachi licked his lips before leaning towards Landon for another kiss when someone clearing their throat interrupted the two.

Landon felt his face heat up as the concierge stood before them with a few boxes in his hand.

Landon awkwardly cleared his throat while Malachi huffed in disappointment before staring daggers at the Rolex concierge who gave an awkward smile "the Oyster Perpetual" he announced before opening the emerald box to reveal the shiny expensive watch, "I've brought two other watches similar incase it is not to your tastes".