Chapter V

Same Day

The large conference room was mostly silent as Malachi sat in a comfortable chair with Charlie sitting beside him. The other executives whispered and mumbled among themselves.

Charlie was probably the closest Malachi had to an actual brother in his life. The two grew up together along with Malachi's older brother Kane.

Charlie St. Patrick came from a wealthy family who owned multiple successful nightclubs. The food and drinks served at those clubs were owned by Von Aston Industries.

It was a symbiotic relationship between the families so it was only natural that Charlie and Malachi would eventually become friends. They were the unwanted second sons of their families.

When Malachi graduated from university he immediately began working in his father's company. It was then that the alpha decided he wanted Charlie to be his assistant.

At first it was because it was a logical decision, they were already close and the alpha trusted Charlie. But as time went on Malachi came to realize that he simply wanted the beta around. Having his best friend be his assistant kept him sane.

Plus, Charlie was much more organized and observant than the alpha who wanted nothing to do with his father's company.

Charlie was a tall man with long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He had fair skin and people always mistook him for a very tall woman. Charlie was lean and pretty for a beta.

Just because he looked feminine didn't mean he was weak since he and Malachi played baseball together in university. Also, since he was a beta, he wasn't easily affected by omega or alpha pheromones.

Malachi took out his phone and the first app he went to was the text messages.

More specifically Landon's messages. He sent the omega a quick text asking if Italian was a good choice for dinner on Friday.

There was a nice restaurant called "Gregorio's" near the alpha's penthouse. It was on the expensive side but the food was good and the omega wouldn't have to worry about paying as there were other ways to return the favor to Malachi.

While thinking of Landon, the alpha realized that even though Landon was nearly a foot shorter than him the omega fit perfectly in his arms. His small, slender omega body fit like a missing puzzle piece.

Malachi smirked at the thought of being able to feel and hear Landon's cries and moans under him again.

Seeing the omega cry the night they were together was a turn on for the alpha and the way Landon clung to him like his very life depended on it had Malachi grinning.

It made Malachi regret not getting on the omega bandwagon sooner but then again Malachi was happy that Landon was the omega he decided to bed rather than another.

Thinking that Landon popped his 'omega cherry' almost made the man laugh aloud into the room of serious executives.

"What's with the stupid smile?" Malachi heard his brother's voice and turned towards the door to see Kane walk through with his "assistant", Phoebe.

The room fell silent.

Kane and Malachi were basically carbon copies of each other except Kane had brown eyes instead of green and he was two years older than Malachi.

Kane was known publicly as the playboy first son of the Von Aston family. He was the textbook definition of a heart breaker that dated socialites and broke up publicly for the drama of it all.

He was the type of alpha parents warned their omega children about.

It was truly remarkable the amount of scandals the alpha had been caught in. Yet, it only seemed to bring good attention to Von Aston Industries rather than bad attention.