Thursday 21st March

Today I worked from home and had a gentle start to the day. 

I did some yoga as soon as I got up to keep my mind busy and clear and stretch my body from the day. 

I don't think I slept particularly well and I woke up very achy.

After the yoga I headed downstairs and made myself some weetabix with honey and had an apple on the side.

When I cleared away breakfast I went upstairs and got myself dressed and ready for the day. I took an extra moment to look at myself in the mirror, not what I normally would do. And I took a breath and silent told myself I can get through today.

And I did.

Everything that went wrong yesterday, I got right today. I worked through all my problems and crossed a good number of tasks off my to-do list.

I finished work and headed out with the boys into the sunshine. There was a gentle wind that ruffled the leaves on the trees and flicked my hair around my ears.

I took the boys around town and to the park and as we wandered onto the park a lady and her cockapoo were coming towards the gate to leave. 

The boys watched them approach and when her dog started to stretch forward for a sniff they stepped slowly towards him. 

They sniffed for a while, whipping round each other and tangling the leads so quickly I reached over and unclipped my two which at least minimised the chaos.

Chester got distracted by another smell and started to wander onto the park but Duke stayed there sniffing.

I spoke briefly to the lady and she told me her dog is called Teddy and he's 4 years old. I told her about Duke and Chester.

“I'm Alice by the way.” I said looking back at her.

“Brenda. I'm sure we'll see you again.” Duke had wandered off and Teddy was sitting looking up at mum, clearly ready to be off again.

I got home with the boys after our breath of fresh air and I popped a treat for them each onto the sofa and got changed for boxing.

When I arrived the girls were in the depths of a conversation about the ‘airup’ bottles and drinking water or juice.

“Hello by the way. Sorry this is important.” Tina said to me after a moment.

“I just think it's rubbish. It can't actually work or be good surely.” Cara said, shrugging her shoulders.

The last session of the evening was core work and we had to entwine our legs with a partner to do sit ups, passing a pad between us each time we sat up.

Kim and I put our legs together and after a few sits up Kim and Vic crashed their pads together over their heads. 

Vic made an interesting noise which started the laughing and after a few more sit ups where they crashed slightly, Kim managed to grab hold of their pad as well.

I immediately found it hard to sit up because I was laughing so hard.

“Did you see that Tina, these bitches have our pad.” 

“What did you bloody give it to them for?” Tina asked, laughing.

As Kim says up with the stolen pad she passed it to me and I passed her mine and she kept hold of the other one and we laughed at all the pads we were trying to balance.

When Cara called time I just laid down for a moment laughing.

I got home feeling great and I hopped into the shower to freshen up. Once I had dried myself down I did a few little tidying up jobs and then got into bed to read and slow myself down a little.