Thursday 4th January

Today I went back into the office for the first time this year and boy was getting up hard. Even with my key preparation from earlier in the week.

At least the day was lovely, and as I sat at my desk with a gentle breeze coming through the window I thought I should take advantage of the beautiful winter weather.
I decided I would take a walk down by the river at lunch time.
My office is at the top of a track that leads to other offices which sit along the river. Less than a minute walk and I was walking the footpath which follows the river around the city.
The sun was shining with light, fluffy clouds passing gently across it. The breeze was soft but left a chill in its wake.

While the walk in itself was lovely. The true joy came from the wet noses and wagging tails that would rush up to say hello as they passed me on their walks.
A huge rottweiler came trotting round the corner, and stopped when they noticed me. I stopped too and watched the tail whip back and forth and big eyes looked at me, assessing.
“Hello sweetie.” I said and took a few slow steps forward. As soon as I spoke the dog came running towards me with her head down low. As she crashed into my legs I noticed a large pink bow attached to her collar sitting at the back of her neck.

“Hey. Sorry, I had to pick up her poo and she had dashed ahead.” The owner had caught up with a speed walk like no other.

“Oh don't worry. She's lovely. We're just having a cuddle.” I said as I scratched behind her ear. Which she seemed to be enjoying as she leant her head into my hand.

“Some people are nervous because she's a rottie, but she just loves everyone she meets.” The lady says with relief in her tone.

“She came round the corner and her tail started going crazy, her eyes went huge… I guessed she wanted some love from me. And here we are.” I laughed and looked back down at the dog resting against my legs.
“What's her name?”
“Rosie.” Rosie's head snapped up in response to her name. “Come on you.” The owner took a few steps on.

“Nice to meet you Rosie.” I gave her one last scratch and slowly moved my legs away. She looked at me and then back at her mum and trotted off and we raised our hands in a wave to each other as we turned to continue our walks.

When I got home, the boys were all over me, sniffing deeply. Rosie. I took them out and ran around the house doing a few jobs before heading out to my boxing class.

It's one of my favourite things to do. The girls I box with are hilarious and we always have a good natter before we get started. And throughout. Making each other laugh and being silly. The time flies.

I was a sweaty mess when I got home but a good hot shower sorted me out and I hopped into bed the moment my hair was dry.

Day 4 was beautiful.