Friday 1st March

I found it really hard to focus today, my mind on my date with Callum tonight.

I took a long lunch break to get out with the dogs and hoped that the fresh air would help me focus when I got back.

I had some beans on toast for lunch and then got back to it. My focus was certainly better after lunch and time actually started to fly by.

I hopped into the shower, keeping my head away from the stream, even though it is also in a shower cap.

I walked back into the bedroom and got Alexa to play some music. The first song that came on was All-star by Smash Mouth and I started singing along as I opened up my wardrobe.

I pulled out a few options and laid them out on the bed and headed to put my underwear on. I tried on the first dress and before I had even zipped it up, I started to pull it back off.

The second dress I tried, I looked at myself I'm the mirror, spinning and looking over my shoulder. I took it off.

I then grabbed these turquoise culottes I have and slipped them on, then I pulled out a silky black crop top I have and pulled that on.

I looked at myself for a moment. Spun and looked over my shoulder. I walked to the door and pulled my black denim jacket down and found my little black cross body bag. 

I glanced at the time and realised I was cutting it close and started dashing around the room to grab the things for my bag.

A noise made me turn and glance out of the window and a bike had stopped outside mine. I paused and kept watching.

The person reached up to pull off the helmet and I quickly found it was Callum.

We had talked a bit more and obviously I had sent him my address. At no point did he mention he was coming on his bike.

I watched as he placed his helmet on his handlebars and ran his hand through his hair.

After he shook his head, he moved to lean against the bike and it wobbled slightly so he jumped away. Then he walked to the back of the bike and put his left hand on the seat and crossed one leg over the other and leaned slightly.

Then a half second later he looked down at his feet, shook his head and stood up straight. He walked behind the bike, putting it in front of him, and placed his elbows on the seat and his head on his palms.

I started to laugh as I realised what he was doing and I took a step back from the window to make sure he couldn't see me.

He must have realised this also looked incredibly awkward and she stood up again, looking at the bike thoughtfully.

I took this reprise to take a few deep breaths and get myself under control. I checked myself in the mirror and headed downstairs. 

I opened the door and he was leaning against the bike with his arms crossed. He wasn't initially looking at me but as soon as I spoke his head whipped towards me.

"Hey." I suppressed a giggle.

"Hey." He said slowly, his voice rumbling. “You look beautiful.” 

I looked down at myself and then certainly blushed as I said thank you.

“I'm glad I settled on trousers. You didn't say you were coming on a bike.” 

“Oh I know. Sorry. I was going to bring my car but it's gone into the garage. We can get a taxi if you'd prefer. But I did bring you this.” As he spoke he pulled his backpack around to his front and pulled out a helmet.” 

I looked at him and assessed.

He then held up his hand. He then opened up his leather jacket and reached inside.

“I also have this.” He pulled out another leather jacket. “It's my other one so it's a bit big but it should work.” I laughed.

“One moment.” I went inside and grabbed my work boots and pulled them on and grabbed my trainers.

“Ok.” He looked down at my feet as I walked towards him and smiled as I took the jacket from him. I slipped it on and he helped get the helmet onto my head. I gave him my trainers and bag and he popped them into his backpack.

He slipped the backpack onto my shoulders and climbed onto the bike and turned to help me on. I slipped close to him and wrapped my arms tightly around him.

We didn't go very far to get to The Queen's Head pub and he helped me off and get untangled from the gear. I laughed to myself as I held my work boots in my hand as we walked into the pub. I tucked them under the table as we sat down.

Dinner was actually so nice, both the food and the company. Callum is funny and definitely gets a kick from making people laugh.

“So I have something to tell you.” I said with as much mystery as I could. He raised an eyebrow at me.

“Go on…”.

“I saw you arrive from the window. And I saw you posing with the bike.” A faint blush appeared on his cheeks.

“So the pose I settled on wasn't as effective as I expected… damn.” He said it with a light tone and I couldn't help but chuckle. 

We sat for almost an hour after eating, talking about growing up and family, telling funny little stories and talking about our dreams.

When we realised we were keeping staff here Callum helped me into the bike and took me home. 

He helped me off the bike and then helped me with the helmet again. I took my shoes from him and he tucked the helmet back into his bag. 

“I had a great time. Thank you.” I said as I pulled my keys from my bag.

“Me too. I'll text you, and we can go out again?” He asked quietly.

“Yes, please.” I smiled at him for a moment before turning and walking to my door. He watched as I went to close it after me, I waved at him. He waved back, slipped his helmet back on and I heard the bike rev as I closed the door. 

I greeted the boys and we headed upstairs.