Tuesday 6th February

I woke up to my alarm ringing from the bedside table. I reached my arm out for it but then it stopped.

I opened my eyes fully and James pulled me into his chest.

“Do you have 5 minutes? Or do you actually need to get up now?” James whispered in my ear.

“Did you snooze?” James nodded in response and we laid together until the alarm sounded again.

With a groan James pulled his arms back and let me get out of bed. I moved around getting ready for work, very aware of James' eyes following me.

The boys followed me downstairs and I was dishing out their breakfast when James came down, buttoning his shirt as he entered the kitchen.

“James… last night was…” I didn't know what to say. James cocked a grin and kissed me.

“Oh yeah.” He winked and grabbed himself a glass of water.

“I'm working late lates for a few days now. Want to do dinner Friday?” I nodded and grabbed my bags heading to the door. James close behind me.

He kissed me one more time and then hopped into his car as I got into mine.

I arrived at work and as I walked through the door I bumped into George.

*Sorry.” I said as I tried to move past him.

“Alice. Can we talk?” He said, grabbing hold of my arm.

“No.” I tried to pull my arm away from him but he kept hold if it.

“You have to listen. It wasn't what it seemed.” He begged

“If that's the case then it just makes you a liar. Now you better let go of me before someone comes past, because I won't defend you.” I met his gaze and after a second he let go of me and walked away.

The rest of the day was uneventful until I got a quick message from James just before his shift started.

‘Thinking if you. And last night… can't wait until Friday xx’

‘Me too. Blushing now xx’

I got home to the boys and just as we got to the end of our road, the rain started.

I looked down at the boys and they looked back up at me. I kept walking to see what the boys would do and they pulled me to the green. Duke went to the toilet and Chester sniffed the bin before turning round to head back the way we came.

I dried them down and they dashed into the house to roll in their beds by the sofa. I had just started making dinner when my hip was bumped.

Chester had his pull cord hanging out of his mouth and was looking up at me.

“Chester, I'm making dinner.” He continued to look at me. I quickly finished chopping the veg and threw it into a baking tray and popped it into the oven.

I then turned to Chester and grabbed the end of his cord. His ears went up slightly and he growled and pulled. When I got the cord, I tossed it across the room.

This got Dukes attention and soon I was pulling two cords and tossing them each time I won the tug of war.

I tossed both of the cords and quickly checked my dinner. We played for a while longer. Chester got bored first and walked away while I continued the tug of war with Duke.

I tossed it and checked dinner again. It was ready. So as Duke came running back I walked over and put my hand on the dog food cupboard. Duke dropped the cord and Chester came trotting over. They both sat and watched me.

We all ate at the same time and I settled on starting My Life with the Walter Boys on netflix.

And that was my evening. I was hooked.

Only when Chester woofed because he needed to be let out did I realise the time. I reluctantly turned off the TV and headed up to bed.