Chapter 11 - power cut?

Hey lovelies
How are you all doing?
Here's the new chapter
Please vote and comment
Happy reading
______________________

Ding dong
I know you can here me
Open up the door
I only want to play a little
_______________________

Author's pov

Uzma, Zehra and Aaria were all sleeping together as usual, when nearly at 4 am Uzma heard a voice near the window which caused her to wake up. She was still a little sleepy when she decided to go and check what caused the noise. As she went near the gate she saw something which terrified her.

There was a man, his looks made him look like he was in his middle forties. His torch was angled upwards at Uzma's window and he was saying something or rather counting some numbers.

Uzma tried to listen carefully and the numbers seemed to be: 21, 26, 13, 1, 18, 1, 5, 5, 19. Uzma was baffled by his actions but nevertheless she wrote the number down 'thank god to all the Experiments on memory Zehra did on me, it seriously resulted in my good memorization capacity' Uzma thought as she wrote down the numbers.

The man seemed to repeat the numbers for exactly 9 times and then looked straight into Uzma's eyes and there was something in his eyes which made Uzma's skin crawl. She hurriedly drew the curtain back to its place and went and slept back into her place. The hustle and bustle woke Zehra up, she looked towards Uzma confused, silently asking her what happened. Uzma just shook her head which caused Zehra to be more suspicious.

"What happened tell me?" Zehra asked in a whisper not wanting to wake Aaria up. She saw how Uzma was looking really terrified.

"Woh na, u-udhar ek a-aadmi tha k-khidki ke niche" Uzma replied in a hushed voice, looking really out of place. She pointed towards the window, from where they could still see a ray of light coming.
( There was a man near the window)

Zehra stood up and decided to check it herself, she slowly went near the window when suddenly the room's lights went off, which caused Uzma to shout really loudly. Aaria woke up frantically and started looking for both of her sisters as none of them were in their place, beside her.

Zehra took Uzma in her embrace and went towards the bed comforting her that it might be just a power cut.

Aaria still baffled looked at Zehra for answers. Just as she was going to answer they all heard anyone urgent knock on their door. Aaria gestured them not to worry she will open the door and went towards the door slowly. And when she opened the door, she saw Shahzain standing with worry written all over his face.

"Are you all okay?! Where's Uzi?!"

"Yeah, Uzma is inside, Zehra is there with her" Aaria replied giving him space to go inside and then locked the door.

"Uzi are you okay?! See bhaijaan is here you don't need to be scared anymore" as soon as Shahzain went towards her, Uzma left Zehra's embrace and jumped onto her brother's arm and started crying historically. They were all really concerned at this point because making Uzma cry is not an easy thing which means she is really terrified by something.

"What happened?! Who made you cry?! Tell me babu" Shahzain asked while comforting her. She wiped her tears and started explaining what happened.

"T-there was a noise, w-which woke me up, I-i went there to check and s-aw that there was ma-n-" she only said this much and again started sobbing, Shahzain hugged her again and encouraged her to say more.